This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really need help please from some one who knows the alienware I3

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I really need help please from some one who knows the alienware I3

User Info: nativeboi85

nativeboi85
2 months ago#1
So unfortunately the pc came with only 4 Gb of ram and a terrible terrible harddrive anyone have a link i can buy a extra 4 gb of ram and a good harddrive for cheap for this pc
gofundme.com/rqsbj8 lets raise that fleek for the ultimate boss video

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
2 months ago#2
You cant just buy another 4gb of ram and expect it to work with what you have already without tweaking the timings in the bios and even then it may not work. You will probably have to buy an entire 8gb kit.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: Iceylemon

Iceylemon
2 months ago#3
I have the same model as you. Just open it up and find the same model ram. I wholly recommend an ssd. The 5400rpm laptop drive is crippling in that thing. Also you want to upgrade your wifi card. The one that comes with the i3 model is 1x1 piece of crap. I recommend the Intel 7260NGW which is the card that comes with the i5 and i7 model and is also 2x2 (better range and thorough-put).

User Info: DXMG

DXMG
2 months ago#4
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231703

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Alienware/alienware-alpha
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I really need help please from some one who knows the alienware I3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived