This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else like square monitors more than widescreen?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone else like square monitors more than widescreen?

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
3 months ago#21
Well if you think about the human vision. Our vision is probably a big circle because of our eyes. You'd think the Square ratio would be good for us but no.

We have two eyes. So our vision is wider than a perfect sphere. We are not cyclops with one eye in the middle. Our vision is probably an oval.

So the wide screens 16:9, 16:10 we have today makes more sense.
GG Riot - http://i.imgur.com/PinGPhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 months ago#22
bikeblaster posted...
Kokuei05 posted...
DXMG posted...
no, but I do like 16:10 more than 16:9

I would like 16:10 more if games wouldn't f***ing letterbox at 16:10 resolution.

Nothing an exe hex edit can fix.

Yeah, try that on any denuvo game.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 | 256GB SSD | HD520

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
3 months ago#23
I like and use a 4:3 monitor as my second monitor simply because it is smaller without loss of ppi. It fits on my desk better. Widescreen offers more real estate and is better though if I could make it fit. Perhaps I'll get one in portrait mode

User Info: DXMG

DXMG
3 months ago#24
Lienhart posted...
DXMG posted...
adverb
in a way that is not influenced by personal feelings or opinions.

How you feel about monitor aspect ratios is entirely influenced by personal opinion.

No, it isn't.

Whether or not a monitor's aspect ratio is good or s***ty is subjective to what the monitor is being used for.

For example, any software developer will benefit greatly from using a 21:9 monitor due to the increased screen real estate. Flipping 16:9, 21:9, or 16:10 monitor is also great because it improves the readability of large classes. This is objective. You can say you prefer 4:3 monitors but it is objectively worse than using anything with more screen real estate.

Another example: RTS or MOBA type games played on a 21:9 monitor are objectively better than 16:9, 16:10, or 4:3 monitors if more of the map is rendered (LoL, and HoTS come in mind). There is a competitive advantage here because more information is on the screen. It doesn't matter what your feeling or anyone else's feelings are because information is key in MOBA/RTS games.

Learn2Engrish, Learn2Think

lol, no. But you are obvioslly one of these idiot kids who cant bear to be wrong, so go look up the definition yourself and sttew siliently knowing you are wrong, dips***.

User Info: Otimus

Otimus
3 months ago#25
I'm not a cyclops, so no
Now Playing
Zelda BOTW Master Mode (Switch), Tales of Berseria (PC), Witcher 3 (PC)

User Info: RyanEsau

RyanEsau
3 months ago#26
Never tried but I don't think I'd like a square monitor.

Especially not for gaming and such. 16:9 for me.
PSN: RyanEsau | https://psnprofiles.com/RyanEsau
PC: i7-6700K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sgt.Soldier/saved/FsQK8d

User Info: Yewolife

Yewolife
3 months ago#27
Still remember my last crt monitor. Last game I gamed on it was COD4 via a 17" CRT where I upgraded to a 21.5" Acer. Remember talking to my friend about how happy I was having to turn my head to see the other side of screen rather then staring straight on. Ahh how innocent I was back then haha.

Would I go back? Nope- never. Even if I did I'd end up getting a dual monitor and making it essentially 3:8 anyways. Productivity wise and compositionally it just is more versatile having a wider screen.

That said not a fan of ultra widescreens and kind of would like 16:10 more than 16:9 if that format was more supported.

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
3 months ago#28
There's no benefit to using 4:3 monitors whatsoever.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
3 months ago#29
What I would like is a "portrait" secondary monitor for reading files, site, pdfs.

Widescreen for gaming and media, sure. But portrait for reading.

*checks net*

Apparently that has been a thing for a while now...
Understanding the rationality of SJWs is like trying to smell the colour 9.
Locating the humanity of neo-Nazis is like finding the Unicorns' Graveyard.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone else like square monitors more than widescreen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived