This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Someone wants to buy my PC, is this a good deal?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Someone wants to buy my PC, is this a good deal?

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
3 months ago#11
Ok bottom line is $1300 for my build a good deal on my part? if it's im gonna sell idc what anyone thinks about the rest of my threads lol I'm doing it for my own reasons theres a lot i dont like about my current build and if i sold those parts on ebay and got new ones I'd be out about $200 all said and done. so its really not that bad for a brand new PC.

if i wanted to salvage my PC I'd have to sell the motherboard ship it and buy a new one thats $90 loss from that, I have to RMA the cooler because its defective another $20. Upgraded RAM would be $30+, upgraded cpu = $20, selling and upgrading to the 1080 from the 980 = $200.

that's thats about $360 i'd have to pay outta pocket to get the same upgrades and replace/sell the equipment. If I sell my PC right now and build a new one I pay $550 out of pocket but I get a brand new PC. so I'm really only losing about $200 on this deal but I dont have to deal with rma'as, selling individual parts and everything I get out of this is brand spanking new, yes the upgrade is minimal I might see a 20-30fps gain overall but i'll need it for 1440p, and I like having the satisfaction of rebuilding every 2 years so the $200+ price tag of this is worth it to me.
6700K@4.5 - 980 TI - EVGA 850 - 16GB DDR4 - Z170 FTW
H110i GTX - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: Love_Me_Sexy

Love_Me_Sexy
3 months ago#12
Bottom line is don't be a dick and sell something that is broken.
Waiting to preorder Xbox One X
Waiting for info on Ataribox

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
3 months ago#13
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
Bottom line is don't be a dick and sell something that is broken.

i disclosed it in the ad bud. bottom line dont assume things, makes us both look like a dick.

im selling my pc with a busted cooler (disclosed to buyer) for $1300, turning around buying a brand new rig witha 7700k/1080 and all the same parts with a better motherboard/ram/cooler and spending $200 out of pocket for the upgrade/rebuild. this seems good to me
6700K@4.5 - 980 TI - EVGA 850 - 16GB DDR4 - Z170 FTW
H110i GTX - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#14
This is why I avoided the 7700k and got a 6700k. Runs damn cool for me. I would wait for Coffee Lake honestly, because of the 6 cores.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: 95_Eclipse

95_Eclipse
3 months ago#15
iemerg_ posted...
Kad-Man posted...
iemerg_ posted...
Kad-Man posted...
Your going from 6700k to 7700k thanks for the laugh ill go wipe my ass with your money now.

if thats all you got from my post then why bother commenting? clearly you didnt' read it.

I read it before you edited it so yes yes I did read it.

I'm not upgrading for the CPU so clearly you didnt read it.

I hope you realize people can simply hit the number at the top of a post and see all the edits. Thus we can see that he's right. Before you edited it, it seemed like a completely pointless waste of time.
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
(message deleted)

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
3 months ago#17
95_Eclipse posted...
I hope you realize people can simply hit the number at the top of a post and see all the edits. Thus we can see that he's right. Before you edited it, it seemed like a completely pointless waste of time.

Rekt
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

User Info: DarkAssAssIn051

DarkAssAssIn051
3 months ago#18
why not keep your current build sell your 980ti and 6700k then buy a 7700k and a 1080ti

but in all honesty its not worth it cause the improvements you'll notice wouldn't be that much

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 months ago#19
Practically a sidegrade and a waste of 400 (or is it 200, i dunno you claimed both).
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 127

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
3 months ago#20
1080p is fine. Instead of blowing money on an upgrade that doesn't matter, go to Disneyland and f*** a rando every night. You'll thank me later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCDkRpc4pns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ax6DmXoPc
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Someone wants to buy my PC, is this a good deal?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived