This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is the better gaming laptop?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which is the better gaming laptop?

User Info: PsyEd

PsyEd
2 months ago#11
DELL "gaming" laptops are POS..even if you get IPS. It has horrible rgb profile, extra poor viewing angles for TN...as if you're back in 2000. I got a 7657 which I use as media player/console emulator - connected to my TV. Apart from the monitor the hardware+config they give is solid though.
i7 3770k || ASUS Titan X 12GB DDR5 SLI || Kingston Fury 32GB DDR3 || 512GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro || ASUS Sabertooth Z77 || Asus PG279Q 165Hz monitor

User Info: Dash064

Dash064
2 months ago#12
PsyEd posted...
DELL "gaming" laptops are POS..even if you get IPS. It has horrible rgb profile, extra poor viewing angles for TN...as if you're back in 2000. I got a 7657 which I use as media player/console emulator - connected to my TV. Apart from the monitor the hardware+config they give is solid though.

Do you have any other recommendations for the price range then?

User Info: PsyEd

PsyEd
2 months ago#13
Dash064 you get the DELL 7567 with the 4k monitor...just the supplied monitor blows...but 1050ti is where I forgive it. Old games like RE5 you can run it at 4k and many others that run over 30fps....but laptop sounds like it's on the runway and about to take off. For 1080p it's the best machine but just for gaming (with IPS)...will not recommend it if you create content.

I recommend wait for a sale like black friday and score an alienware.

If you HAVE to get it now check out this one and cheap that does the job...
https://youtu.be/al_5-BDDFPs
i7 3770k || ASUS Titan X 12GB DDR5 SLI || Kingston Fury 32GB DDR3 || 512GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro || ASUS Sabertooth Z77 || Asus PG279Q 165Hz monitor
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which is the better gaming laptop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived