This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is it possible to clean install windows 10 on a pre-installed w10 laptop?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is it possible to clean install windows 10 on a pre-installed w10 laptop?

User Info: Addicted2GamZz

Addicted2GamZz
4 months ago#1
hello there everyone, i bought an ASUS ROG G752VS Gaming Laptop, but would like to clean install and reinstall w10, as the laptop came preinstalled with windows 10, would i need to reinstall the drivers and preinstalled programs, software or will windows 10 automatically reinstall the drivers as it came preinstalled?
Cheers :)

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
4 months ago#2
You would have to reinstall everything. Windows 10 may recognize some things but I would install the manufacturer's drivers since those typically work best. You can install the OS with any copy of the exact same version. If you have Windows 10 Pro, any Windows 10 Pro DVD or flash drive should work for installing it as long as you use the same product key the computer came with.

Addicted2GamZz
4 months ago#3
i downloaded windows 10 from the microsoft via media creation tool option, so basically go to ASUS website and download the drivers from the my laptop model, mine came with the home edition pre-installed, i installed windows 10 home and pro on a usb flash drive, would i be able to install either on the new laptop?

User Info: murphy230

murphy230
4 months ago#4
Addicted2GamZz posted...
i downloaded windows 10 from the microsoft via media creation tool option, so basically go to ASUS website and download the drivers from the my laptop model, mine came with the home edition pre-installed, i installed windows 10 home and pro on a usb flash drive, would i be able to install either on the new laptop?

The media creation tool doesn't give you the option for home or pro it's just based off the license key. Also you don't need the license key because it is tied to the motherboard on new machines. As long as it has been connected to the internet before the reinstall you will be fine.
i7 4770k 4.6GHz| Gigabyte GTX 970 SLI | WD Black 1TB | 16 GB RAM 2133Mhz | corsair TX 750M | Samsung 840 pro 256GB |H100i |CM Stryker |ASUS Maximus Formula VI |

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
4 months ago#5
There's a built-in reset option in Windows 10. Microsoft has also released a tool which specifically reinstalls Win10 without the bloatware from the manufacturer.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

Addicted2GamZz
4 months ago#6
yes it's been connected to the internet before, would i need to reinstall any drivers for the laptop, or will it be done automatically as it's been connected 2 the internet and it came preinstalled with windows 10?

Addicted2GamZz
4 months ago#7
would i install my graphics card driver from the NVIDIA website?

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
4 months ago#8
You need to have another internet connected vamputer and a flash drive because without lan drivers you cant even connect to the internet. Alternatively you could download the drivers onto the flash drive before you reinstall... Check the asus website to get them.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

Addicted2GamZz
4 months ago#9
oblique365 posted...
You need to have another internet connected vamputer and a flash drive because without lan drivers you cant even connect to the internet. Alternatively you could download the drivers onto the flash drive before you reinstall... Check the asus website to get them.

so basically i go to my laptop's drivers and download all the drivers after i've reinstalled windows 10, how do i install the drivers?

Addicted2GamZz
4 months ago#10
a video on youtube said most laptops will install the drivers automatically except the NVIDIA graphics driver, which you can get from NVIDIA website, should i still install them just in case when i clean reinstall the drivers don't get downloaded?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is it possible to clean install windows 10 on a pre-installed w10 laptop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived