This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 7 40% off on Steam; worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Resident Evil 7 40% off on Steam; worth it?

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
2 months ago#11
If you are new to the series, then yeah go for it. It's a great game. If you are a fan of the old styles and think RE was best at 1 or 4 then no, you will hate it. And probably you will hate yourself too.
Now, say my name.

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
2 months ago#12
Sum_quod_eris posted...
No. $20 or less.

This. Too short. Vapid plot, imo. You'll play it once; beat it and probably won't play it again. Personally, I would wait until it was in the $20-25 range.
Rig: R5 1600X @ 3.9Ghz | MSI B350M Bazooka | EVGA GTX 1080 | 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
Headset: Philips SHP9500 + V-MODA BoomPro

User Info: ssringo

ssringo
2 months ago#13
If you're willing to spend that much on RE7, I'd say get the RE collector's pack for $43. Gets you RE 4, 5, 6, Revelaitons and Revelations 2 with all (?) the DLC. I mean, unless you own all that. If you're missing parts of it you can still buy the package and Steam will remove the stuff you already own from the package and lower the overall price accordingly.

Damn good deal if you don't own the series already.

The Deluxe bundle isn't quite as good but still a solid bundle of REmake and 0 for $15.

Those aside, wait on RE7 until the winter sale. Maybe that last bit of DLC will have finally come out and it'll likely be even cheaper. I've heard it contains the "true ending" but that might be bulls***.

Edit: Makes me a little sad to see a big Capcom sale and I already own everything :(
Hi

User Info: Jonexe

Jonexe
2 months ago#14
Thanks for the opinions everyone. I do love the old REs, but I've heard good things about 7 even if it's not really "Resident Evil." That said, the game length has me worried. I think I'll hold off for it to get a bit cheaper.
"My life is a chip in your pile... ante up!"
Eye of the Beholder 2 months ago#15
Jonexe posted...
Thanks for the opinions everyone. I do love the old REs, but I've heard good things about 7 even if it's not really "Resident Evil." That said, the game length has me worried. I think I'll hold off for it to get a bit cheaper.

The game is practically RE1 in first person. How couldn't it be Resident Evil?

Once you get past the introduction (which is very much like other first person survival horror games before this) it straight up becomes RE1. Multiple and Multilevel areas, keys to certain doors, bosses roaming around (RE3), limited ammo, puzzles that shouldn't exist within a home setting, etc
Brawl-FC-1203-8953-0974 (X40)
"Help!!! I'm being attacked by white transparent ninjas!" - pipeman

User Info: Yewolife

Yewolife
2 months ago#16
Resident evil games have never been long games really besides maybe RE4. I think the length is fine and is worth 35 especially if you have a vr setup (PS4, or wait for it to come out for PC).

That said its definitly a Resident Evil game through and through even though its setup differently compared to the prior games. It does the series proud and is worth paying for. Personally feel comfy paying 30-40 for it.

User Info: x Mr G0ne x

x Mr G0ne x
2 months ago#17
Yes worth it.
What is a signature?

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
2 months ago#18
Its a fun game but short. worth about $30 max.

If they had VR support for the PC and you owned a VR set then I'd say buy it right now.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: HarryMaySin

HarryMaySin
2 months ago#19
I bought it for 40 bucks awhile back and I love it.

IMO its a very great game, and it reminds me of my childhood a lot (i remember my first RE game being RE2 and i liked it a lot)

It has some good scares, great graphics and atmosphere, imo one of the top 5 horror games in the past 5 years.

it can be a bit corny at times but i still really enjoyed it. id give it 8.5/10

User Info: saltedham

saltedham
2 months ago#20
HotshotJoe posted...
Supremo posted...
I'm tempted to buy those remasters

Me too. Not sure if I want the pc or console version though yet.

i enjoyed both resident evil hd remaster and 0 remaster over 7. resident evil 1 has the replay ability going for it with the 2 characters.

if you got a 120 hz monitor the pc versions support up to that high hertz.
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Resident Evil 7 40% off on Steam; worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived