This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Clans in online (FPS) gaming. Do they still exist as they did 10+ years ago?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Clans in online (FPS) gaming. Do they still exist as they did 10+ years ago?

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
2 months ago#21
Probably not alot of game specific clans. There are still large multi game clans out there.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

User Info: Bdr_45

Bdr_45
2 months ago#22
Funny I haven't noticed until this post... nostalgia in full effect. CS 1.6 on ventrillo or roger wilco I think it was called. CAL-invite, the early days of WoW...
Psn - bdr_45

User Info: X Slayer007 X

X Slayer007 X
2 months ago#23
I guess we're all part of a dying breed...damn I feel old..and I'm not even 30 yet!
{aB} RIP Lyrics Topic (6/12/2003 - 1/31/2007)
Hello Vinnie. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check! *stab* The pen is truly mightier than the sword!

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
2 months ago#24
They still exist in more popular games. The lack of private dedicated servers doesn't help much though.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#25
johnny_pay posted...
They still exist in more popular games. The lack of private dedicated servers doesn't help much though.

Matchmaking is the problem more than anything.
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 months ago#26
X Slayer007 X posted...
I guess we're all part of a dying breed...damn I feel old..and I'm not even 30 yet!

Heh I'm 67 and i only feel a little old
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Bdr_45

Bdr_45
2 months ago#27
X Slayer007 X posted...

Totally man, I'm 31 now been gaming since I was 6 or 7 and I don't see myself stopping until I'm in the grave... obviously don't have as much time and a heck of a lot of responsibilities but gaming will always be a part of me!!
Psn - bdr_45

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
2 months ago#28
shmirlywhirl posted...
Lack of dedicated servers was the downfall of the clan.

Yeah that's pretty sad.

Even in games that still have them, if new players don't know what they're looking for, they're not going to find them. Like... Battlefield 1, or CS: GO.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#29
BF1's servers are neutered to the point of worthlessness
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
2 months ago#30
f***ing nostalgia becoming gaming's number one side effect.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Clans in online (FPS) gaming. Do they still exist as they did 10+ years ago?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived