This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Clans in online (FPS) gaming. Do they still exist as they did 10+ years ago?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Clans in online (FPS) gaming. Do they still exist as they did 10+ years ago?

User Info: X Slayer007 X

X Slayer007 X
3 months ago#31
I also loved how you can type things in the server for everyone to read...I'm sure you can do that with PC games because of the keyboard, but not with consoles...Yeah, sure, talking is more "effective", but usually I end up muting everyone because people babbling or leaving their mic on to pick up background noise can be annoying.

The BF1 servers are pretty generic...I can't find anything about them besides player count and server location that distinguish them from another one.

I'm wasn't fully appreciating the nostalgia effect until a few years ago. I've actually played a few games (mainly old nintendo) games that I last played 10-15 years ago and as soon as I begin, I start remembering other things that happened in life while I was playing those games originally. But now it's simply become a greater yearning for those days, which is one of the reasons why I made this thread.
{aB} RIP Lyrics Topic (6/12/2003 - 1/31/2007)
Hello Vinnie. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check! *stab* The pen is truly mightier than the sword!

User Info: Riot55555

Riot55555
3 months ago#32
Yeah, good old times. Was in a Counter-Strike Source clan called NHB and ran a bunch of servers called Newbie Shack. We had a ton of players back then. Went to go find scrims in IRC and all that. I miss it!
youtube.com/riot55 ~~ twitch.tv/riot12345
Competitive Global Elite CS:GO, Hearthstone, Street Fighter gameplay, tutorials and more!

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
3 months ago#33
Clans were fun back in the day.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

X Slayer007 X
3 months ago#34
will keep this topic up in hopes they come back!
Hello Vinnie. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check! *stab* The pen is truly mightier than the sword!

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
3 months ago#35
Orestes417 posted...
BF1's servers are neutered to the point of worthlessness

I think I might have to uninstall the game tbh. I'm really disappointed that I found all of one Rush server with any players on it, and no War Pigeons or Frontlines.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 months ago#36
Never bought the game. They lost my money in the three months they spent jerking us around on "community servers" before coming out with the current pile of s***.
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
3 months ago#37
Most of us grew up....got Benz and women to deal with these days. Clans? Lol wtf.
Apathy....the epitome of evil or something.

X Slayer007 X
3 months ago#38
LazyyAmerican posted...
Most of us grew up....got Benz and women to deal with these days. Clans? Lol wtf.

Rings true for me too - I'm married with a kid, but even back then were was always at least one dad with small kids or 40-something year old with older kids that would play as well. Most people in clans are probably going to be ages 13-18 (no one wants high pitched kids under 13 lol) and people 18+ are in college and/or beginning to grow up and focus on career/family. So I could definitely see where the population from my time has went, but no new blood in the mix is a sign of the changing parameters.

X Slayer007 X
3 months ago#39
Hexenherz posted...
Orestes417 posted...
BF1's servers are neutered to the point of worthlessness

I think I might have to uninstall the game tbh. I'm really disappointed that I found all of one Rush server with any players on it, and no War Pigeons or Frontlines.

Orestes417 posted...
Never bought the game. They lost my money in the three months they spent jerking us around on "community servers" before coming out with the current pile of s***.

Haven't touched BF1 since my son was born - that was around when the first DLC came out, though I did play a bit of front lines. I had the XBone version...sad if rush and other game types are severely limited these days....Rush was the best mode and what got me into the series...

User Info: TicklesTheClown

TicklesTheClown
3 months ago#40
hehehe clans were fun!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Clans in online (FPS) gaming. Do they still exist as they did 10+ years ago?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived