This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anyone try the GOG pinata sale?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. anyone try the GOG pinata sale?

User Info: SNES_64_DC_Xbox

SNES_64_DC_Xbox
3 months ago#11
kobalobasileus posted...
No. Because it's basically gambling.

I mean, the pinata costs $3 and every game have a normal price of $5+, so you're guaranteed to get a positive return as far as "value" is concerned; the gamble is whether or not you'll actually want the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6qzv0pTE-M
https://medium.com/@SixFootTurkey64

User Info: Backlog

Backlog
3 months ago#12
Bought one, got Master of Magic. Never heard of it but apparently it's supposed to be a good game
i5 7600k 4.5ghz | GTX 1080 | 16gb DDR4 | Gigabyte Z270 | RM650x | 250gb SSD | 3tb HDD | Corsair 250D
GT: The Evil Zombie | PSN: invincibleonion

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
3 months ago#13
Backlog posted...
Bought one, got Master of Magic. Never heard of it but apparently it's supposed to be a good game

I used to play that! It's a good game (although probably pretty dated now.)
Why are Trump supporters so obsessed with "buttery males?"

User Info: AimlessDork

AimlessDork
3 months ago#14
luke2460 posted...
got some RTS game called Seven Kingdoms 2 HD.

yeah but 7kingdoms is awesome
GTX 1070, i7-6700, NZXT Phantom 530, W10
Ps4. Ps3. PC. 3DS

User Info: Kharillle

Kharillle
3 months ago#15
Just got seven kingdoms 2 myself. I'd prefer to get the first in the series. Can't see myself playing that, but hey, Pillars for 9 USD...

User Info: luke2460

luke2460
3 months ago#16
So I lied and bought 2 more pinatas (f*** I am a gambler)

Instant regret. Got ANOTHER RTS game (Meridian New World) and an ancient flight sim game from 1999 (Independence War Deluxe).

f*** sake. All I wanted was one of the RPGs (Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny, Balders Gate 1/2, Vampire the Masquerade etc.) but noooooo. f*** this promotion.

AimlessDork posted...
luke2460 posted...
got some RTS game called Seven Kingdoms 2 HD.

yeah but 7kingdoms is awesome

Even the best RTS game is s*** to me. I suck at all of them and I don't find them fun.
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180

User Info: celebar

celebar
3 months ago#17
Sad to see GOG jumping on the "BUY MYSTERY GAME MAY B SUMTHING GOOD" bandwagon. But I guess if there are consumers naive enough to wall for it then stores will keep doing it.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 months ago#18
The entire concept is disgusting to me. It really shouldn't be legal in my opinion to take money from someone when what they are purchasing isn't clear.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
3 months ago#19
I don't know why I did, but I used my wallet funds (I get 1.70ish off of games because I'm purchasing from the UK, and we get screwed on prices) to get one.

Got a game called Primordia. Never heard of it, point and click adventure. Not a huge fan of point and click, but it actually looks interesting (I really enjoy post apocalyptic), so I'll be playing it. Also has good reviews, which is nice.

Overall, happy with what I got.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
3 months ago#20
Primordia is great. It's often on sale for less than 3 though
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. anyone try the GOG pinata sale?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived