This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to get Windows 10 for free?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to get Windows 10 for free?

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
4 months ago#1
I know people say Win 10 is free all the time, but where can I get a legit copy for free or cheap? All I see is $99.99 everywhere, and that would really help my build out.

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
4 months ago#2
do you have windows 7 or 8? because you can still do a free upgrade, you just have to jump through a few hoops on their website.
People die when they are killed.
Among horse, Red Hare. Among men, Lu Bu.

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
4 months ago#3
Don't know if it's of use to you, but you can still upgrade for free using this

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/accessibility/windows10upgrade

Make up any old reason.

User Info: CrayonCalculus

CrayonCalculus
4 months ago#4
By paying someone to give it to you for free.
Free will is a myth, Religion is a joke. We are all pawns controlled by something greater: Memes. The DNA of the soul.

User Info: kbe2k2

kbe2k2
4 months ago#5
Microsoft nagged the hell out of me until I gave in that's how! No but seriously I had heard about the upgrade and jumped on a Windows 8 promotion where I got a copy for $15 and then installed that and waited until those upgrade messages started to pop up, couldn't wait because windows 8 sucked.

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
4 months ago#6
It's not free but I suggest eBay. Many sellers sell copies of Windows way cheaper than retail on there.

User Info: Kogepan

Kogepan
4 months ago#7
Students get it free or something dont they? Or was that MS Office.

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
4 months ago#8
Like the above poster said if you have win 7 or 8 with a legit code you can still upgrade if you click that you need win10 for accessibility which means your disabled. They dont run any kind of check just follow the above posters link.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
4 months ago#9
By using a Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 license you already own to activate Windows 10.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
4 months ago#10
Kogepan posted...
Students get it free or something dont they? Or was that MS Office.

Both. Students or at least the college I work at, they can get windows 7, 8.1, and 10 key for free. The 7 and 8.1's can upgrade to 10 pro via Assistive Technology and the 10 key is education edition. All students have access to office suite with access, word, powerpoint, excel, outlook, onenote, publisher and skype.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 | 256GB SSD | HD520
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to get Windows 10 for free?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived