This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Rising

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dead Rising

User Info: mafiafun

mafiafun
1 month ago#1
Hey, so dead rising hit a new low of 8$. I'm not familiar with how often Capcom games go down to 5$. Anyone believe it will eventually hit 5$ or will this be as low as it goes?
"Space: the final frontier... To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

User Info: ssringo

ssringo
1 month ago#2
It might go to 75% off during the winter sale. Dead Rising 2 has hit $5 before.

Edit: Sorry, no need for me to be snarky.
Hi

mafiafun
1 month ago#3
ssringo posted...
It might go to 75% off during the winter sale. Dead Rising 2 has hit $5 before.

Edit: Sorry, no need for me to be snarky.

Meh, it'll be sitting in the backlog for a while, that is why I ask.
"Space: the final frontier... To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
1 month ago#4
I loved DR2 and when DR1 came out on pc recently I immediately bought it, excited to finally buy a game that 360 owners had been raving about for years.

And it's just kinda...meh. The weapons suck, the controls are beyond awkward, the voice acting is awful, and it's just not that much fun to play. And some of the missions just feel really stupid and pointless, like having to wait around for like an hour in real life to get a mission to start.

DR2 still has slightly awkward controls but is just amazing, and killing zombies is so much more fun.

DR3 was ok but way too easy and the psychopaths were really lame.

I didn't even bother with DR4 because it sounded so bad.
Obama 2008

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#5
sfcalimari posted...
I loved DR2 and when DR1 came out on pc recently I immediately bought it, excited to finally buy a game that 360 owners had been raving about for years.

And it's just kinda...meh. The weapons suck, the controls are beyond awkward, the voice acting is awful, and it's just not that much fun to play. And some of the missions just feel really stupid and pointless, like having to wait around for like an hour in real life to get a mission to start.

DR2 still has slightly awkward controls but is just amazing, and killing zombies is so much more fun.

DR3 was ok but way too easy and the psychopaths were really lame.

I didn't even bother with DR4 because it sounded so bad.

I think most peoples favorite would be OTR.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

mafiafun
1 month ago#6
I own 2 and beat it; isn't OTR the same game, just about? DR3 looked meh from watching my friend playing it. Too many zombies. What are issues with DR1 controls?

User Info: KaiRyusaki

KaiRyusaki
1 month ago#7
Is OTR really considered the best?

Really shocking to see the series go downhill then, since it's the same devs.

User Info: ssringo

ssringo
1 month ago#8
mafiafun posted...
I own 2 and beat it; isn't OTR the same game, just about? DR3 looked meh from watching my friend playing it. Too many zombies. What are issues with DR1 controls?

http://deadrisingwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Comparisons_between_Dead_Rising_2_and_Off_the_Record

Some overall story changes as well. For example Rebecca Chang doesn't get killed.

No comment on the controls of DR1. Seemed fine to me and I only played it after it was ported to PC so no "nostalgia glasses" here.
Hi

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
1 month ago#9
DR2 and OTR are very similar, I feel like OTR is the game that it should have been all along though. Slight story tweaks and not having to run back to Katie every day is nice. I also just like Frank a lot more than Chuck.

I'd personally rank them 1>OTR>3>2. 1, OTR, and 3 are all really close, close enough that if I played them in a different order originally I'd probably order them differently. 2 was the only one I just lost interest in halfway through. 3 would be my favorite if driving hadn't been hamstrung to accommodate for load times, you have to do a lot of driving in the open world and the roads are intentionally hard to drive through so that the game has time to load so it's really tedious and not fun. I honestly would have preferred not having the big roads and just teleporting around via load screen.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#10
PhilOnDez posted...
DR2 and OTR are very similar, I feel like OTR is the game that it should have been all along though. Slight story tweaks and not having to run back to Katie every day is nice. I also just like Frank a lot more than Chuck.

I'd personally rank them 1>OTR>3>2. 1, OTR, and 3 are all really close, close enough that if I played them in a different order originally I'd probably order them differently. 2 was the only one I just lost interest in halfway through. 3 would be my favorite if driving hadn't been hamstrung to accommodate for load times, you have to do a lot of driving in the open world and the roads are intentionally hard to drive through so that the game has time to load so it's really tedious and not fun. I honestly would have preferred not having the big roads and just teleporting around via load screen.

If I ever get DR 3, I would put it on the SSD. Looks like a game that could really use a SSD.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dead Rising

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived