This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's the Dead Rising 3 Port?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How's the Dead Rising 3 Port?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#21
BMXJouster posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
I have an i7-6700K, 16 gigs of 3200 DDR4 RAM, and a GTX 1080 (non Ti). How well would that run it?

I ran Dead Rising 3 on max settings with the 60FPS unlock with no major issues on a computer build that's basically the same except with a GTX 1070 instead of a GTX 1080. I'd imagine you'd be fine.

I would have gotten a 1070 and save $100, but I figure I just spend an extra $60 and upgrade to a 1080. Thanks to my big case, everything runs nice and cool. Don't have to OC anything until my build is on its last legs. Heard OC is only needed for extremely high end builds and when your specs are becoming dated. The most demanding thing I played was Forza Horizon 3. And everything is pretty much at ultra. I turned off MSAA to see if I could get a locked 60fps, but it still dipped and the 2-4 MSAA is worth more than a couple of FPS that may or may not get. I do turn blur off and that seems to work more and is pretty much worthless at 60fps. Works nicely at 30fps, but I'm on PC dammit, I'm playing at 60fps. Sorry for the long line of text.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 months ago#22
Just tried it with my rig. With the user file with the fps unlock command "gmpcr_unlock_frame_rate=true", I launched the game and saw FPS still locked to 120 but way better than 30. I played from the start to the garage.

From the beginning to the exit of tunnel, it was 120 FPS. After I exited the tunnel it was 110-120 FPS. After the high way and before the gate was 120 FPS. After opening the gate it dropped to 100 FPS, while driving and hitting s***, FPS dipped to 85 minimum.

GPU load while driving was 99%, CPU was high 80s min to 95 max.

It was on maximum, resolution was 1080p, and game quality was set to "Full" and everything turned on, even the stuff I don't like such as motion blur.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 | 256GB SSD | HD520

User Info: MMG_

MMG_
3 months ago#23
It's pretty good.
BORED TO DEATH. I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored. I am bored.
http://i.imgur.com/sprnlxX.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How's the Dead Rising 3 Port?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived