This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the Dead rising games good they seem to comedy like and not serious enough ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are the Dead rising games good they seem to comedy like and not serious enough ?

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
2 months ago#1
I watched some YouTube video reviews, is it just me or is these games seem more comedy like and not serious enough ? Killing thousands Zombies with different costumes just seems uninteresting to me. I like my zombie games to be more serious and a little bit more dark and bleak. Should I check out Dead Island or something else ?
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
2 months ago#2
They're goofy as s*** whilst trying to be serious at times. It's a weird mix. But they're all pretty decent. The DR4 is insanely easy while DR1 is kinda hard. Pretty enjoyable for mindless fun, IMO.
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
2 months ago#3
I'm gonna skip it
PC-WiiU-PS4

EvilGiygas
2 months ago#4
Yeah if you like dark and bleak, you're not going to get that with Dead Rising. If you want that, try Dying Light. Dead Island is alright but Dying Light is almost the same thing, only a lot better.
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

User Info: geejq

geejq
2 months ago#5
Dead rising 1 is worth it, it has comedy sure, but it also has a horror vibe and a lot of great things and attention to detail. Actually maybe the best zombie game imo. Can't say the same for the sequels, which are developed by capcom vancouver and kind of missed the point.

EvilGiygas
2 months ago#6
geejq posted...
but it also has a horror vibe

It really doesn't though.

User Info: geejq

geejq
2 months ago#7
EvilGiygas posted...
geejq posted...
but it also has a horror vibe

It really doesn't though.

Night time and some of the psychopaths? Nothing? I watch a lot of horror and it seems it to me, not saying it will spook you or anything though.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
2 months ago#8
There's nothing serious about Dead Rising games. It's all weird, extremely Japanese comedy that doesn't really make sense and isn't funny. Like, it's mostly just dudes screaming and setting themselves on fire for no reason. I dunno.

I agree though that Dying Light is a pretty decent 'serious' zombie game and much better than Dead Island. Also, being surrounded by zombies in Dead Rising is just normal and not scary, whereas in Dying Light it can be pretty damned worrying, especially when it starts getting dark!

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
2 months ago#9
I thought the Newest one was REALLY well done. Though the whole Rogue-like thing about this series always made me kinda hate level progression.

To be fair, it was by far my favorite Launch Title on the Xbox One, and I played the hell out of it.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
2 months ago#10
That's because XB1 had a s*** launch library and people needed to justify their impulse buys.

Can confirm Dying Light is better than Dead Island, but it's still a console-centric game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCDkRpc4pns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ax6DmXoPc
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are the Dead rising games good they seem to comedy like and not serious enough ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived