This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the Dead rising games good they seem to comedy like and not serious enough ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are the Dead rising games good they seem to comedy like and not serious enough ?

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
2 months ago#11
They're all comedy-like. The most 'serious' one was Dead Rising 2 (great game btw). I thought the funniest one was DR4. It's a casual game but it's well made IMO.

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 months ago#12
randomoaf posted...
They're all comedy-like. The most 'serious' one was Dead Rising 2 (great game btw). I thought the funniest one was DR4. It's a casual game but it's well made IMO.

Actually it's not very well made if look at the close look videos on youtube.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: Okikurmi

Okikurmi
2 months ago#13
1 and 2 are great. Ignore the rest.
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
2 months ago#14
I think I could enjoy them in coop, but other than that it just seems kinda boring.
I5 3570 | GTX 970 | Samsung 840 EVO x 3 | Corsair RM750 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 400c | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Logitech G Pro |

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
2 months ago#15
I know for a fact that the first Dead Rising game is more cheesy than serious. Frank West is pretty upbeat for someone who's covered wars, you know.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

randomoaf
2 months ago#16
Hi C posted...
randomoaf posted...

Actually it's not very well made if look at the close look videos on youtube.

Just watched one. Most of the time it was being compared to DR1. DR1 was the only Japanese one and so it's gameplay quirks disappeared over the iterations and what we have left in DR4 is standard open world stuff. To the DR fan, I can see how that's a bad thing. As a casual game though, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
2 months ago#17
geejq posted...
Night time and some of the psychopaths? Nothing?

Correct. Nothing.
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#18
Okikurmi posted...

The only one I would probably ignore is 4.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

randomoaf
2 months ago#19
captsplatter_1 posted...
Okikurmi posted...

The only one I would probably ignore is 4.

Why? It's an overall better game than 3.

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
2 months ago#20
Hey what about Left 4 Dead series is it more serious with darker tones ?
PC-WiiU-PS4
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are the Dead rising games good they seem to comedy like and not serious enough ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived