This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever been in a video game tournament?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Have you ever been in a video game tournament?

User Info: RyanEsau

RyanEsau
3 months ago#31
Nope and wouldn't consider.

I'm not at all competitive. If I did enter it would just be to see how far I could get for the hell of it.
PSN: RyanEsau | https://psnprofiles.com/RyanEsau
PC: i7-6700K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sgt.Soldier/saved/FsQK8d

User Info: anthrax360x

anthrax360x
3 months ago#32
I won a free Collector's Edition of the first Halo Wars at a Gamestop "tournament" where I just crushed two kids half my age.

I had fun!
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world
| i5-4690K 3.5ghz | 8gb RAM | EVGA GTX 970 | 2tb HDD | Asus VG248QE |

User Info: somebadlemonade

somebadlemonade
3 months ago#33
I personally like time trial type racing tournaments

I did a few back in the day with Gran Turismo, now with online multiplayer they are rare
Meh posting brought to you by SBL inc. Makers of The Only Ink that Stinks!

User Info: Yewolife

Yewolife
3 months ago#34
xpiritflare posted...

Despite a bunch of people from my city saying I was the best player in the city (which I did not agree with), I choked in both of those tournaments.

Haha man this really pulls at me. You are not alone with slipping up with a crowed cheering for you... it happened to me when i played tennis in my highschool days to often :(

User Info: Somato

Somato
3 months ago#35
Was a long long long time ago but i was kinda pro at Soldier of Fortune 2 back in the day. I think all up i made enough money to pay my rent for half a week but yeah. That was a thing back in the day.
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
3 months ago#36
Nope, I'm too s*** at gaming to be competitive.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

User Info: Lugoves

Lugoves
3 months ago#37
A few here or there at retro stores.
My Collection: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/LUGOVES/games/owned?platform=0
http://backloggery.com/SwashBuccaneer

User Info: kentuckybob

kentuckybob
3 months ago#38
No the kind of games I play (Morrowind and The dark mod) aren't really competion games.
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"

User Info: AmonAmarth

AmonAmarth
3 months ago#39
like in real life in a large place with people? no.

but I have played in tournaments online? yes.

i played competitive wolfenstein enemy territory.
i7-4790@ 3.6GHZ | GA-Z97-HD3 | ASUS GTX 960 2GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB HDD | CX750M | 12GB DDR3

User Info: cory1225

cory1225
3 months ago#40
Yes. In like early 2008 I was in a Play N trade National Cod 4 tournament. Made it to the national finals, got f***ed by Play n trade, somebody dropped out, so I had to redo a previous round. So on the second time of playing in the Semi Finals this dude broke the rules, and won. It clearly stated no camping, he sat in a corner with Jug and P90, everyone kept giving him kills, I couldn't catch up. I came in second, only a few kills from first. f*** him, and f*** that store lol

I would of won $5000 minimum just for coming in last on that final round but nooooooooo bulls*** store only gave me a copy of Collectors edition WAW. f*** them, and I haven't been back in the store since, and they hardly get any customers anyway.

But I ended up being on top teams on GB/MLG as a result of it which was cool, didn't really make any money to brag about, but met a bunch of cool people along the way.

Kind of sad this happened in 2008 though, because top teams today make bank on COD
i5 6600k | GTX 1080 | 16Gb
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Have you ever been in a video game tournament?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived