This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever been in a video game tournament?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Have you ever been in a video game tournament?

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
1 month ago#41
cory1225 posted...
Yes. In like early 2008 I was in a Play N trade National Cod 4 tournament. Made it to the national finals, got f***ed by Play n trade, somebody dropped out, so I had to redo a previous round. So on the second time of playing in the Semi Finals this dude broke the rules, and won. It clearly stated no camping, he sat in a corner with Jug and P90, everyone kept giving him kills, I couldn't catch up. I came in second, only a few kills from first. f*** him, and f*** that store lol

I would of won $5000 minimum just for coming in last on that final round but nooooooooo bulls*** store only gave me a copy of Collectors edition WAW. f*** them, and I haven't been back in the store since, and they hardly get any customers anyway.

But I ended up being on top teams on GB/MLG as a result of it which was cool, didn't really make any money to brag about, but met a bunch of cool people along the way.

Kind of sad this happened in 2008 though, because top teams today make bank on COD

Your story doesn't make sense. "somebody dropped out, so I had to redo a previous round." How does that even work? You won the round and advanced to the finals. Presumably, someone in the finals dropped out. Why would you have to replay a round to find a replacement for someone who dropped out?

"In like early 2008...only gave me a copy of Collectors edition WAW." WaW didn't come out until the end of 2008. I can understand being a couple months off from something that happened awhile back, but you're off by a good 8+ months.

"I would of won $5000 minimum just for coming in last on that final round..." That's funny, because a Google search doesn't return a single hit for a CoD4 tournament at this place (unless you're talking about the remaster). They had a BO tourney, where only the top 4 places got paid, and the winner got $3,000 (4th was $250). They had a MW2 tourney where, again, the top 4 places were paid. Again, top prize wasn't anywhere near $5,000.

If you want to embellish your story a little bit, fair enough. But just making s*** up out of nowhere? Come on, man.
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Have you ever been in a video game tournament?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived