This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here stream to twitch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone here stream to twitch?

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
4 months ago#11
Nope, but it seems like a lot of people I know are trying it. I recently started modding for a friend (https://www.twitch.tv/lunchbox0023 aka shameless plug) and it is kind of interesting to see the ups and downs of it. Starting on YouTube, the creation of a discord server, the first 1k subs, etc etc.

If I had to give a reason why I would start watching someone, it would be their personality. They don't need to be particularly out there, just give off positive vibes. Jonsandman would be a good example.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: Pigeon_Senpai

Pigeon_Senpai
4 months ago#12
nominturddaddy posted...
Streaming is stupid if you aren't making money on it.

You do know you can do it for fun right?

Making a living off streaming is not really a reliable option.
The official Luke Fon Fabre of all boards.

User Info: qeoijlijw

qeoijlijw
4 months ago#13
stream on mixer instead of twitch. all the big names stream there now.
Now watching: The Sun

User Info: MyDogSkip

MyDogSkip
4 months ago#14
Ditch the vegetarian shtick and go all in on bacon. The internet loves bacon.
i7 6700k @ 4.5GHz | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | GTX 980 Ti | 500GB 960 EVO

User Info: Somato

Somato
4 months ago#15
I use to a long long long time ago, like for a few weeks the site was Justin.tv not Twitch.

Anyways

Get everyone you know to have the Steam open. They don't need to watch just get all your friends and family to have the stream open. You channel will get much much much more traffic the higher it is in the viewer list of whatever game you are playing.

Promote your channel like crazy. Announce everywhere to as many people as possible that you have a channel and that you are going live. Don't be an annoying asshat about it but still promote yourself.

Be consistent. make a schedule and stick too it. If you are going to stream 3 hours a day everyday than stick to that schedule.You can go over that as much as you want but if you go under people will just leave you.

Lastly, Ditch that name. If you are serious about this, you want a simple name and that name will annoy people.

Also good luck. The scene is so flooded with people trying much harder than you ever will to try and make it in the same scene. You'd have a better chance at winning the lottery after becoming a famous rock star.......
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf

User Info: Somato

Somato
4 months ago#16
Jedi454 posted...
Pigeon_Senpai posted...
I would stream if my internet wasn't ass.

Same, Australia has the worst internet in the western world.

I'm Australian and i streamed.............
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf

User Info: Nightmare2398

Nightmare2398
3 months ago#17
Somato posted...
I use to a long long long time ago, like for a few weeks the site was Justin.tv not Twitch.

Anyways

Get everyone you know to have the Steam open. They don't need to watch just get all your friends and family to have the stream open. You channel will get much much much more traffic the higher it is in the viewer list of whatever game you are playing.

Promote your channel like crazy. Announce everywhere to as many people as possible that you have a channel and that you are going live. Don't be an annoying asshat about it but still promote yourself.

Be consistent. make a schedule and stick too it. If you are going to stream 3 hours a day everyday than stick to that schedule.You can go over that as much as you want but if you go under people will just leave you.

Lastly, Ditch that name. If you are serious about this, you want a simple name and that name will annoy people.

Also good luck. The scene is so flooded with people trying much harder than you ever will to try and make it in the same scene. You'd have a better chance at winning the lottery after becoming a famous rock star.......

Completely forgot about this topic, but thank you for the advice, yours seems the most solid so far.

Not sure I wanna ditch my name yet, it's been my main handle since 2005ish (was my 2nd xbox live gamertage), but my main name on steam and battle.net is SneakyT, but that isn't available on twitch.

Anyone else have any advice for my channel personally? (not just general twitch advice). Thanks!
Steam: SneakyT

User Info: Nixemo

Nixemo
3 months ago#18
I'd recommend having a few core games that you commonly stream to attract people who want to watch that, as you do already, but don't be afraid to mix it up too. Play an indie game one day that you've never tried. Log a few hours in an MMO. Play an old console game from a few gens ago. I feel like with Twitch being such an oversaturated platform with countless personalities to watch that play the popular games, variety can go a long way in attracting new viewers and keeping the old ones still interested.
Listen to post-punk.

User Info: SirHeiska

SirHeiska
3 months ago#19
Nightmare2398 posted...
Wondering if anyone has any advice on how to attract more followers on twitch, and just advice on how to make my channel better overall.

Here's my channel: twitch.tv/vegetarianeater

I mostly play Overwatch, CS:GO, or GTAV but sometimes i'll play PSO2 or other stuff.

So, any advice? I appreciate the feedback, thanks!

Watch CohhCarnage and try to learn from him.

User Info: AbstraktProfSC2

AbstraktProfSC2
3 months ago#20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLa6DIWjEDg&t=1s
Talk about backseat fishing.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone here stream to twitch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived