This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FYI - Prey appears to lack controller support

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. FYI - Prey appears to lack controller support

User Info: mw2boosterlolz

mw2boosterlolz
3 months ago#1
I have the retail copy and it does not work with an Xbox One Controller, DS4 or an XBOX 360 wired controller from my experience of 1 hr of trying to get it to work.

User Info: SRV_God

SRV_God
3 months ago#2
Da fuk. Really?

mw2boosterlolz
3 months ago#3
Yes. I did a search on google and came up with a few posts for people having the same issue. The "fixes" people have listed don't work. I'm surprised this isn't more well known. I guess most people play it with mouse/keyboard...I just can't do it after gaming with a controller since the pre PS1 days.

Shame as I was looking forward to playing the game this weekend. I was gifted the XBOX one version a while back...but it kinda sucks compared to the PC version. I guess I could just try the X1 version again. Hoping Xbox One X improves it.

User Info: youngfossil

youngfossil
3 months ago#4
I had no issues with my controller =/
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.

User Info: ThisIsAKnoife

ThisIsAKnoife
3 months ago#5
no something on your end is wrong. prey worked perfectly fine for me on both my laptop and pc with XB1 controller with no 3rd party apps or anything so idk what to tell you.
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
3 months ago#6
Why does it matter? It's a first person shooter, therefore best played with a mouse and keyboard.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
3 months ago#7
Jason_Hudson posted...
Why does it matter? It's a first person shooter, therefore best played with a mouse and keyboard.

It's a single player first person shooter. Let other people play it how they want. If the game is supposed to work with a controller and doesn't, that's a problem. No matter how you try to justify it
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
3 months ago#8
ThisIsAKnoife posted...
no something on your end is wrong. prey worked perfectly fine for me on both my laptop and pc with XB1 controller with no 3rd party apps or anything so idk what to tell you.

This.

Prey works perfect with my Xbox one controller.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 months ago#9
The game has built in controller support though.

http://help.bethesda.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/38530/~/does-prey-have-controller-support-for-pc%3F
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

mw2boosterlolz
3 months ago#10
UPDATE:

I went into big picture mode in steam and under the controller options, I unchecked the guide button option but checked off the xbox option.

Then I did a system restart and it's working.

Though really, I think it was the restart that did it because at first, messing with those options also did nothing.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. FYI - Prey appears to lack controller support

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived