This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lately I find myself more and more enjoy collecting games but not playing them

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Lately I find myself more and more enjoy collecting games but not playing them

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
2 months ago#11
Then you have games that you can't even buy, because Steam ran out of Licenses, Like Lost Planet 2 (which is actually an amazing game)
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
2 months ago#12
if you enjoy collecting games then there's practically no difference between that and paying out the ass for collector's editions of games for statues and s*** you're just supposed to look at(unless you're one of those freaks that anticipate scalping the items once they're out of production).

at least i know the money i spend on an excess amount of cheap games is actually related to the purpose of gaming.
Not being able to land shoryuken consistently on one method of input as opposed to another is a matter of preference - zedzilla
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
2 months ago#13
It's really an interesting phenomenon. It's kind of like how the economy would collapse if everyone started spending responsibly, the video game industry would probably collapse (when it comes to new games) if people started doing likewise for games. As more time goes on the backlog of excellent games for cheap balloons more and more. If I buy a brand new game it's to support the developer since I can afford to do that now and then.

It is a potentially bad problem cumulatively though, I admit.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#14
Voxwik posted...
It's really an interesting phenomenon. It's kind of like how the economy would collapse if everyone started spending responsibly, the video game industry would probably collapse (when it comes to new games) if people started doing likewise for games. As more time goes on the backlog of excellent games for cheap balloons more and more. If I buy a brand new game it's to support the developer since I can afford to do that now and then.

It is a potentially bad problem cumulatively though, I admit.

And then people complain about game length etc. when Steam, PSN etc. data shows that most people don't complete the games they have. More on point TC, it's a form of compulsive shopping/trying to maintain a tenuous connection to a hobby you used to enjoy, but no longer do.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
2 months ago#15
oblique365 posted...
I think its an issue of forcing yourself to like a game that everyone says is great but bores the hell out of you.

Yes!

oblique365 posted...
dark souls 3

PRIME f***ING EXAMPLE!

User Info: TrueOfficialMe

TrueOfficialMe
1 month ago#16
oblique365 posted...
I had this problem at one point. I think its an issue of forcing yourself to like a game that everyone says is great but bores the hell out of you. Once i got dark souls 3 i played nonstop. But garbage like witcher and shadow of mordor, ac games i just delete because they arent fun.

I had the same probelm, except just you know...
Dark Souls is the worst thing ive played in a long time and Witcher was amazing.
"Muchushakapaka" -Every Twilek Ever

User Info: Cards_and_Hats

Cards_and_Hats
1 month ago#17
I used to have this problem for consoles, buy games I will play for 45 minutes and never touch again but tell myself I will have a backlog to "play" (which was a big f***ing lie)

On steam I only have like 50 games and a majority of them are sale games or f2p, I only buy games now I actually will play and not "I bought fallout 2 because it makes my library look cool but I will never actually launch it"

I got over it but it is a huge phenomenon on steam in general, whatever fills gabens pockets I guess

User Info: CrestedTax

CrestedTax
1 month ago#18
To me it's a problem. I now consider very carefully what I'm buying. Nowadays video games are so cheap that it's easy to end up with more games than one can even play.
I already have a few games on Steam that I will probably never touch.
FC: 5172-3452-9992 Kaurus

User Info: Kharillle

Kharillle
1 month ago#19
Obsessive compulsive disorder. I have it too. Maybe one day I'll learn to trust the cloud for reliability and accessibility.

Sometimes I see games and I'm intrigued. Played FTL for maybe a week or two but I've lost interest in it. Not going to turn down from normal difficulty, no time to invest in it. But I revisit the old games. Turns out there was some mod for star trek birth of the federation which I went nuts on until I find out it crashes in every combat.
No time for games so I twitch. Youtube is good. Two monitors at any one time. My graphics card ist krap.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#20
I should of jumped on Forza Horizon 3, but I did not have my GPU to try out the demo. So I missed the sale.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Lately I find myself more and more enjoy collecting games but not playing them

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived