This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Age of Empires at Gamescom!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Age of Empires at Gamescom!

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
2 months ago#1
There is a live video for Age of Empires on the Xbox YouTube channel for August 21st

https://youtu.be/8nBZO7WTSsI

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#2
AoE4?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hj9yPs
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | MSI GTX Gaming X 1070 | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Prime Z270-A

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
2 months ago#3
Reboot?
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

Rand_Aybara
2 months ago#4
They'll at least be showing the remaster of the original game, hopefully a surprise too. Reboot would be my guess if there is anything waiting to be announced.

User Info: AimlessDork

AimlessDork
2 months ago#5
Why get AOE1 or a reboot when AOE2 HD is still a million times better?
GTX 1070, i7-6700, NZXT Phantom 530, W10
Ps4. Ps3. PC. 3DS

User Info: runrom

runrom
2 months ago#6
hoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo
3570K | Asus RX 480 | OnePlus One | Hori RAP v.4 VLX | IBM Model M

Rand_Aybara
2 months ago#7
AimlessDork posted...
Why get AOE1 or a reboot when AOE2 HD is still a million times better?

Because it's one of my favorite franchises and even though AOE2 was better, I still enjoy playing the first game now and again. It'll be nice having it in HD as well

As for a reboot there is a chance that it could end up being a classic, just like originals.

User Info: MrZAP17

MrZAP17
2 months ago#8
Wololo! Wololo! Wololo!

I still want those AoE 4 and 5 concepts teased when III came out. Only if they can gather a bunch of the old Ensemble guys, though. AoM II would be my dream, though. It has to be done right, though; that Tales of the Dragon nonsense was very disheartening.
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple."

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
2 months ago#9
Rand_Aybara posted...
As for a reboot there is a chance that it could end up being a classic, just like originals.

No. The market has changed and the talent is gone. There is a 0% chance this is anywhere near as good as the originals.

Rand_Aybara
2 months ago#10
DaedalusEx posted...
Rand_Aybara posted...

No. The market has changed and the talent is gone. There is a 0% chance this is anywhere near as good as the originals.

Lol well, you're wrong
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Age of Empires at Gamescom!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived