This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Going from a GTX 750 ti OC to a _______ (help me fill in the blank)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Going from a GTX 750 ti OC to a _______ (help me fill in the blank)

User Info: RetroGamer9

RetroGamer9
3 months ago#11
My 960's great and was pretty cheap to buy.

User Info: Supremo

Supremo
3 months ago#12
R9 390 perhaps?

BTW, the 750ti was awesome
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu

User Info: ganondorf77

ganondorf77
3 months ago#13
1060 is more than fine for 3 years, 6 in mid quality, 8 or more if tech does not change too much
Bu!

User Info: chickenlard

chickenlard
3 months ago#14
1080ti then you don't have to upgrade again for 2-3 years.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
3 months ago#15
1080ti is definitely the IDEAL card for me... MY issue though, is I don't have the option to SLI, in my case, so the only reasonable upgrade from there is balls out, NEW MOBO & CPU and building from there.

While yes, the obvious choice of buying the top rated Nvidia card, for a little more than the Xbox One X, seems to make perfect sense all around, I can't help but notice that the 980ti seems to perform well enough for 1/3 the price.

I feel like I can make due with the 980ti for quite some time, and that if I do decide to upgrade to the 1080 ti, there will likely be something better that Nvidia has out... making the price drop the same way the 980 has.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: chickenlard

chickenlard
3 months ago#16
ApexMjolnir posted...
1080ti is definitely the IDEAL card for me... MY issue though, is I don't have the option to SLI, in my case, so the only reasonable upgrade from there is balls out, NEW MOBO & CPU and building from there.

While yes, the obvious choice of buying the top rated Nvidia card, for a little more than the Xbox One X, seems to make perfect sense all around, I can't help but notice that the 980ti seems to perform well enough for 1/3 the price.

I feel like I can make due with the 980ti for quite some time, and that if I do decide to upgrade to the 1080 ti, there will likely be something better that Nvidia has out... making the price drop the same way the 980 has.

The way I think of it is, you're already thinking about upgrading, you said your proceeser is fine, and if you get the top of the line card, you would need to upgrade the PSU, and the MOBO. ApexMjolnir posted...

You don't even have to SLI it.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
3 months ago#17
I am looking for the future... I am trying to built up in 5 year increments... so the most logical choice is the 1080 ti, because its there already.

980 ti seems to be able to get me to the same place, with a few less frames per second. and a lot more money in my wallet...
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Going from a GTX 750 ti OC to a _______ (help me fill in the blank)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived