This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people keep considering the Xbox One X to be equal to modern PC gaming

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do people keep considering the Xbox One X to be equal to modern PC gaming

User Info: jorhead

jorhead
3 months ago#1
See a lot of people on claiming the XONE X is the same league as a 1070 GPU, I'm not the most PC savvy guy, so why are they claiming this?

I run a 970 in a PC that was given to me, and I keep getting told it's better to buy the new XONEX as opposed to upgrading my PC.
XBL GT is Ruthless4u

User Info: premature tyrant

premature tyrant
3 months ago#2
Xox will perform roughly the same as your 970

Xox uses an RX 480
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/pandaforest/saved/
- BEST possible gaming PC builds for the $$$ -

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 months ago#3
premature tyrant posted...
Xox will perform roughly the same as your 970

Xox uses an RX 480

Xox forgot to include a CPU and time shares its memory. It performs worse than a 970.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: steve_madsci

steve_madsci
3 months ago#4
An RX 480 with no dedicated RAM and a tablet CPU.

Any desktop with a 480 (or a 970) will out perform the the XboneX on these merits alone.

People defend their consoles either out of ignorance or for reassurance

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
3 months ago#5
Real-life (non-FAQs) people can't buy a gaming PC that performs like a Scorpio for Scorpio money.

Most people can't build PCs, and those that can have rarely shown me the ability to build a Scorpio PC for Scorpio money without tricks like "pirate Windows" or "I found this component on EBay".

The Scorpio will be a lot better than a lot of PCs used out in the real non-Faqs world.

IMHO the worst thing about the Scorpio will be the lack of mouse/kb/desk standard hence it won't be for nerdcore games like isometric RPGs or RTS games, let alone game mods.

IMHO the best thing about the Scorpio will be how easily it portably connects to a TV to have a pretty okay PC quality to action games like Forza.

TL,DR: guys, if you really are the master race you shouldn't feel so threatened by the Scorpio. Topic reads like a cucktopic.
Understanding the rationality of SJWs is like trying to smell the colour 9.
Locating the humanity of neo-Nazis is like finding the Unicorns' Graveyard.

User Info: Cards_and_Hats

Cards_and_Hats
3 months ago#6
The gpu in the new xbox is good but the cpu is relatively weak and (might) cause bottlenecks

Is it powerful for a console? yes
Is it worth spending over something like a gtx 1080? no

The new xbone is targeted for the people who have never built a pc but still want something powerful, not a substitute for someone with pc experience

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
3 months ago#7
The 970 actually isnt that good. A slightly overclocked rx 470 beats it. Plus there is that whole vram scam dealio.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
3 months ago#8
Don't forget the raw hardware comparisons will be affected by the fact console games, being made for a fixed system, can be optimised significantly more.
Understanding the rationality of SJWs is like trying to smell the colour 9.
Locating the humanity of neo-Nazis is like finding the Unicorns' Graveyard.

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
3 months ago#9
Cards_and_Hats posted...
The gpu in the new xbox is good but the cpu is relatively weak and (might) cause bottlenecks

Bottlenecks don't matter because every experience is crafted specifically for the console so as to dodge the bottlenecks altogether. The most common res/fps pairings are:1080/30 and 900/60. The X1 runs a bit lower at 900/30 and 720/60. The X1X and PS4P generally runs 1440-1800/30 then upscaled to 4K.

User Info: Ryzeki

Ryzeki
3 months ago#10
Xox runs a non existing GPU config, comparable to an rx 580 with slight OC, particularly in memory.

And a terrible, super low end CPU.

It is not comparable to a GTX1070. Some people claimed that based on TF numbers but that does not translate to gaming performance. Specially when compsring different manufacturers.
MSI GT73VR - Core i7 6th gen @4.1Ghz | | 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 || 128GB SSD + 1TB || GTX1080 || 1080P@120hz
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do people keep considering the Xbox One X to be equal to modern PC gaming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived