This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people keep considering the Xbox One X to be equal to modern PC gaming

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do people keep considering the Xbox One X to be equal to modern PC gaming

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
4 weeks ago#11
Stonedwolfed posted...
IMHO the worst thing about the Scorpio will be the lack of mouse/kb/desk standard hence it won't be for nerdcore games like isometric RPGs or RTS games

Your HO is completely wrong.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#12
People posting here tend to forget that they are a tiny niche of the PC gaming market - the vast majority of PC gamers are using older machines/GPUs vastly inferior to the XBO:X, certainly far from 4K capable. To them, this new model would be a huge step up. This is the mainstream market, notthe 2-6% that spend $600+ on GPUs every 6 months.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
4 weeks ago#13
JKatarn posted...
People posting here tend to forget that they are a tiny niche of the PC gaming market - the vast majority of PC gamers are using older machines/GPUs vastly inferior to the XBO:X, certainly far from 4K capable. To them, this new model would be a huge step up. This is the mainstream market, notthe 2-6% that spend $600+ on GPUs every 6 months.

Hence why most 3rd party publishers stick to the lowest common denominator of specs when porting their games to PC, because the market for people in which they have high-end PC's with beastly specs aren't there.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
4 weeks ago#14
Out of the Gate... It has a SUPER SMALL form Factor. DVR built in at 1080p, that is ALWAYS ACTIVE.

It has Media Pass through, that lets you watch TV through it.

There is no confusing interface for downloading stuff... (meaning you won't get fake Install boxes while cruising Yahoo News, to "Update Firefox.js") If you want to buy games, everything is set up cleanly, and efficiently. You can chat with people you know, without having to install a third party app, that not all of your friends use... Even if you are not playing a game.

For $500, you don't ever need to buy a single game if you don't want to. There are more than enough demos, and Free to play games, that you could easily enjoy the system for a year, with ONLY buying the console.

I personally, Am just going to see how my PC runs Box Forza Motorsport 7 and Destiny 2 Beta. If it runs them both well, I will stick with PC. If it runs one of them like Ass, I am going back to Consoles, and will upgrade my GPU when the prices come down on the 1080 ti.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
4 weeks ago#15
To answer the OP.
1. The people claim that the XboX is "equal to modern PC gaming" because the M$-PR-machine tells them so. Simple as that. In reality no one knows how the XboX will perform(exactly). We have to wait and see.
But imho the box won't be as good as the initial PR-material claims. they promote the thing as a "4k-capable"-console, where the developers will decide which resolution and fps they want.
What this actually means is, that most games will be at a lower resolution than 4k, 4k checkerboard or native 4k 30fps or 1080p with higher settings and AA.
So basically the landscape will be similar to the PS4Pro.

2. No. If you take the money you would invest into Xbox and buy a new GPU, you will play the same games, but at better quality.

User Info: TrashPandaJedi

TrashPandaJedi
4 weeks ago#16
If you tried building PC with xbox1 specs it would cost you atleast 800 bucks. No wonder console gaming is so far ahead nowdays
http://i.imgur.com/mLhEeaZ.gifv
Death Road to Canada = 10/10

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
4 weeks ago#17
I would take one up if it give me the option of 60 frames per second rather than forcing 30 frames 4K
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#18
Wow, the console defense force is out and about again.

XXXbone has a midrange GPU, but it has some low level optimizations to make it perform DX functions for a fraction of the cost, making it's super weak tablet-class CPU go a little further for feeding that midrange GPU.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
4 weeks ago#19
Because peasants and fanboys don't know s*** or understand the specs.

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
4 weeks ago#20
its describe as a 6 tera flop card that uses amd architect. The PC equivalent should be roughly a rx 580. Paired with an archaic PC its like mid-low tier in the PC hierarchy.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do people keep considering the Xbox One X to be equal to modern PC gaming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived