This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom released a trailer for MH: World's desert zone

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Capcom released a trailer for MH: World's desert zone

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
2 months ago#1
https://youtu.be/ULqY6yXn2S4

Looks pretty cool.

I was kind of surprised to see Barroth in the trailer since I was under the impression it was going to be new monsters mostly. Of course Diablos is back as it's in basically every game and is almost as much of a flagship monster as Rathalos. I'm kind of leary of the piscine wyvern they showed in the mud. It basically looks like a hybrid of Plesioth and Lavasioth but in mud instead of water or lava.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
2 months ago#2
I'm not really a fan of the goofy monster designs, but THAT one last monster...

HNNNG
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: VoidNoodle

VoidNoodle
2 months ago#3
Looking quite good, has the "Monster Hunter" feel that the E3 trailer lacked.
2017 Goal: 400pp and 500pp. Current top play: 307pp
HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky One TKL RGB | Quickfire TK | Corsair K90

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#4
Dunno why you thought it would be all new when they showed a Rathalos in the original trailer.

And I agree with VoidNoodle, this looks and feels a mot more Monster Huntery than the original trailer. I kept flitting between "Oh, it's Monster Hunter!" and "Wait...is this Monster Hunter?" constantly when watching that.

I just hope the rumours of the systems and such being dumbed down are false. Or...more I hope that they're not "dumbed down" but "streamlined." So many people misunderstand the difference. Like with the Elder Scrolls games, I don't think it's "dumbing down" to remove athletics as a skill, for example.

There's a lot of superfluous fluff in the MH games that could be changed around without ruining the franchise. There's always a danger with a long running franchise that you can't ever change anything because "this is how we've always done it" and before long you've alienated new players entirely because they can't grasp 10-20 years of archaic nonsense and any attempt to change alienates the die hard fans who're funding you.

Pokémon is a notable example of doing it well by removing the horrendous grinding, having better pokémon placement, removing HMs, allowing TMs to be used as many times as you like...that kinda thing.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Sum_quod_eris

Sum_quod_eris
2 months ago#5
Dragon Nexus posted...
I just hope the rumours of the systems and such being dumbed down are false. Or...more I hope that they're not "dumbed down" but "streamlined." So many people misunderstand the difference.

Fanatics get pissy whenever a series stuck in its own formula decides to get with the times. Everything I've personally seen about MHW's systems and mechanics seems to show they've all been streamlined. Hell, you can actually check a weapon's upgrade path on the spot now to see if you want to choose a certain upgrade or not instead of going to a wiki.

Pretty much everything from the previous games seems to have been streamlined and refined. They've even incorporated a lot of the style system moves from Generations into the weapon movesets.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Caidezes | http://www.goodreads.com/Caidezes | http://www.last.fm/user/Caidezes

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
2 months ago#6
Dragon Nexus posted...
Dunno why you thought it would be all new when they showed a Rathalos in the original trailer.

Rathalos is the flagship monster and has been in every game and Diablos has been in almost every game in the series. When Tri came out it was the first time all the monsters except for Rathalos and Rathian were seen but they were much different than their PSP/PS2 counterparts and they've been the same way ever since that game.

They've said that there are supposed to be a ton of new monsters this game so I was under the impression there wouldn't be much, if any returning monsters. Though if there are going to be returning monsters I really hope Zinogre is in. HD Zinogre would be amazing and he's been one of my favorite monsters to fight since his introduction in Portable 3rd.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

Darth_Kamcio
2 months ago#7
Sum_quod_eris posted...
Fanatics get pissy whenever a series stuck in its own formula decides to get with the times.

And casuals nowadays need everything to be spoon-fed to them and throw a tantrum when they are not.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
2 months ago#8
I'm not into this series however a friend and my nephew are. I thought this was one of those series that was banished to handheld machines, a trend I despise. It's good to see it's not only not banished but also getting a PC release as well.

Darth_Kamcio posted...
Sum_quod_eris posted...
Fanatics get pissy whenever a series stuck in its own formula decides to get with the times.

And casuals nowadays need everything to be spoon-fed to them and throw a tantrum when they are not.

You didn't get the memo? "Millennial" has replaced "casual" as the favored nonsense insult of choice lately (often by people who don't realize they are in fact milennials anyway). Both serve only to make the person using such an insult look immature.

User Info: SgtFoley

SgtFoley
2 months ago#9
Darth_Kamcio posted...
Sum_quod_eris posted...

>implying Monster Hunter is casual in any way
RAMIREZ! Reload my gun!

Darth_Kamcio
2 months ago#10
Voxwik posted...
You didn't get the memo? "Millennial" has replaced "casual" as the favored nonsense insult of choice lately (often by people who don't realize they are in fact milennials anyway). Both serve only to make the person using such an insult look immature.

Sorry, I shall not make this mistake from now on.

edit: Actually f*** that. Casual is much closer to what I meant.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Capcom released a trailer for MH: World's desert zone

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived