This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom released a trailer for MH: World's desert zone

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Capcom released a trailer for MH: World's desert zone

User Info: MuttonBasher

MuttonBasher
3 months ago#11
Still not excited, but I'd love to hunt Barroth again. I'm disappointed that the video just showed him standing there. In fact, most of the monsters seemed to be idling or defending themselves while getting beaten up. I want more Tri/3U-style vids where the hunters are the ones getting stomped on and tossed about. I've always liked that "maybe this wasn't such a good idea" vibe. Haha.
You found a stardrop! It's strange, but the taste reminds you of Shane. Your maximum energy level has increased.

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
3 months ago#12
MuttonBasher posted...
Still not excited, but I'd love to hunt Barroth again. I'm disappointed that the video just showed him standing there. In fact, most of the monsters seemed to be idling or defending themselves while getting beaten up. I want more Tri/3U-style vids where the hunters are the ones getting stomped on and tossed about. I've always liked that "maybe this wasn't such a good idea" vibe. Haha.

If you watch actual hunt videos, the monsters are much more active than they used to be. They'll actually do things like try and kick at you while you're near them to try and disrupt you, or something similar to that. Then again, this is Barroth and I have no clue how much he changed. He used to be pretty easy to beat up.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
3 months ago#13
Sum_quod_eris posted...
Fanatics get pissy whenever a series stuck in its own formula decides to get with the times.

RE4-6 casual confirmed.
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 1TB |120GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: Sum_quod_eris

Sum_quod_eris
3 months ago#14
Resident Evil is pretty dull. Silent Hill is much better.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Caidezes | http://www.goodreads.com/Caidezes | http://www.last.fm/user/Caidezes

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
3 months ago#15
Dauntless is looking more and more like a F2P junk filled piece of junk which has solid gameplay.

MH World is looking to take it's place. I mean hell, I loved the previous several games so why wouldn't I =P
Ryzen 5 1600X @4GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | GTX 1080 @2GHz | HyperX SSD | 28" Acer 4K
Actively Playing: Splatoon 2 | Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 months ago#16
I'll probably end up giving this a go despite never been able to get into MH as a series.

Gave it 3 relatively concentrated tries including the most recent 3DS iteration.

I love the concept on paper, but the games have never grabbed me.

I have enjoyed various other games that copy the monster hunting genre to some degree such as Toukiden, God Eater, Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice.

Which is starting to make me think it has been MH's overall lack of story/memorable characters.

All I really remember from any MH game are those little cat people. (Palicoes)
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
3 months ago#17
Sum_quod_eris posted...
Hell, you can actually check a weapon's upgrade path on the spot now to see if you want to choose a certain upgrade or not instead of going to a wiki.

Oh my God that's awesome.
I am never fond of obfuscated information in games, it's something that kinda bugs me about Rogue Lites.

In MH the weapon upgrade path can be kind of intuited, sure. "Hmm, if I put this fire monster stuff on this weapon...I'm sure that'll make it an ice weapon, right? Herpaderp!" but that said there was not just one fire weapon. Not to mention you might want to upgrade a weapon and then find that if you'd waited and made it a different type it would have been better...and now you have to start over.

There really is no benefit to hiding that information from the player since, as you said, it just forced people to get out wikis and spreadsheets and tables and so on.

MuttonBasher posted...
In fact, most of the monsters seemed to be idling or defending themselves while getting beaten up.

I imagine that's because they want to show off weapon moves, rather than monster stuff. They'll probably make a monster trailer later.

-5xad0w- posted...
I have enjoyed various other games that copy the monster hunting genre to some degree such as Toukiden

Huh, that's kind of odd. As much as I liked that game when I played it, I was playing it during something of a drought. I hadn't played MH3 for ages, didn't own a 3DS yet and just played my Vita. I enjoyed the game, but when I started playing MH 4 I remembered all the little things that Toukiden was missing.

But yeah, as you say it had a pretty engaging story that kept me coming back. MH is a bit better with its stories, I really enjoyed MH3 and 4 for that - the feeling of earning your place in a small village in 3, helping them with their problems and becoming part of their small community due to necessity since the guild didn't seem particularly bothered about helping...and in MH4 where you go on a grander quest to visit several places and discover what's going on with blighted monsters and the like. I mean none of it is Xenoblade levels of storytelling, but it's engaging enough to make me care about the people I'm interacting with, especially since the localisation is so good. I bought Generations but never got around to actually playing it since I didn't even finish the second story to MH4. I should get back into that...
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: MuttonBasher

MuttonBasher
3 months ago#18
Dragon Nexus posted...
I bought Generations but never got around to actually playing it since I didn't even finish the second story to MH4. I should get back into that...

If you enjoy the narratives in MH, be warned that Generations has none. All the villages unlock at once and a huge pile of gathering, small monster, and drome hunts will be dumped in your lap. I made the mistake of completing Gen's offline -- my habit with MH -- and hated every minute of it.
You found a stardrop! It's strange, but the taste reminds you of Shane. Your maximum energy level has increased.

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
3 months ago#19
it_r_over9000 posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
Dunno why you thought it would be all new when they showed a Rathalos in the original trailer.

Rathalos is the flagship monster and has been in every game and Diablos has been in almost every game in the series. When Tri came out it was the first time all the monsters except for Rathalos and Rathian were seen but they were much different than their PSP/PS2 counterparts and they've been the same way ever since that game.

They've said that there are supposed to be a ton of new monsters this game so I was under the impression there wouldn't be much, if any returning monsters. Though if there are going to be returning monsters I really hope Zinogre is in. HD Zinogre would be amazing and he's been one of my favorite monsters to fight since his introduction in Portable 3rd.

They actually stated there would be some old returning ones along with new editions. .
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 months ago#20
I have only tangential experience with the Monster Hunter series (I tried a demo on my 3DS), but this has piqued my interest. Here's hoping it finds its way to PC.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Capcom released a trailer for MH: World's desert zone

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived