This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

More and more sites are trying to guilt trip adblock users.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. More and more sites are trying to guilt trip adblock users.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#71
I wouldn't use it if it wasn't so damn annoying. No videos/moving images. That sort of thing. Nope they don't just do a simple banner. Its always the worst annoying kinds.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: thanthen

thanthen
3 months ago#72
I wish there way a way to block all the sites that do that crap from google search.
http://i.imgur.com/tVoo5VA.jpg

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
3 months ago#73
All I can say is some sites have so many bad ads on them that even if I didn't use the adblocker they still might not load since they have so much the site is trying to send that I never get to the stuff I'm there to look at. These sites need to police their sites for ads that end up being malware.
I'm not willing to wait 15 to 20 mins for a page to load for what should have only taken 30 seconds with simpler ads. (This can also happen with an ad blocker on since there is way too much to block effectively.) If the pages didn't have so much crap on them I wouldn't need a blocker in the first place.

User Info: ganondorf77

ganondorf77
3 months ago#74
That are just more and more sites I just stop using forever.
Bu!

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
3 months ago#75
They can guilt away, I'm not stopping my AdBlocker.

The only site I actually gave money to is Nexus Mods, simply because I use it so much, and they were good about the whole paid mods thing.

Anything else though? Nope. That includes Youtube.

Oh, and I use an AdFly skipper thing, and an anti-Adblock killer too.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
3 months ago#76
If support is your biggest issue then don't use adblock, however, don't disrespect others who do because we are somehow taking money from the creators pocket. That's like trying to tell someone what to do with their money then take offense when they spend in a way you deem inappropriate or "stupid".

And yes, I use adblock-- on YouTube; on Twitch---24/7. Ads can bite it.
Rig: R5 1600X @ 3.9Ghz | MSI B350M Bazooka | EVGA GTX 1080 | 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
Headset: Philips SHP9500 + V-MODA BoomPro

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
3 months ago#77
I will always use adblock, and if every website were to keep me from seeing their content because of it I would just do without. I don't need the internet. When websites learn to properly place ads (meaning no pop-ups, no ads during videos and no redirects to viruses and "congratulations iPhone user" nonsense) I will stop blocking them.

User Info: mogexpress1

mogexpress1
3 months ago#78
I use an RSS reader that can just cache the website with just text
RIP This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. More and more sites are trying to guilt trip adblock users.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived