This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't wait for Quake Champions!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't wait for Quake Champions!

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#11
Orestes417 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
in my opinion, that's why we still can go play Quake III. Having options is fantastic, no?

With a severely limited community skewed very much towards the hardcore side.

lets say the made "Q3A" then what?
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: drivenby

drivenby
1 month ago#12
sonicteam2k1 posted...
drivenby posted...
Get lawbreakers instead.... It's much more original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etBufTl7slc

For real.

I've played both for dozens of hours.

Lawbreakers is imho something special. I like Quake champions a lot and will be playing it soon but it does little to set itself apart from standard Quake multiplayer. Which is imho what we all want anyways.

Lawbreakers plays like a arena shooter but introduces class based gameplay and a neat anti gravity gimmick that actually changes the gameplay a ton.
Posted with GameRaven 3.2.2

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#13
drivenby posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
drivenby posted...
Get lawbreakers instead.... It's much more original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etBufTl7slc

For real.

I've played both for dozens of hours.

Lawbreakers is imho something special. I like Quake champions a lot and will be playing it soon but it does little to set itself apart from standard Quake multiplayer. Which is imho what we all want anyways.

Lawbreakers plays like a arena shooter but introduces class based gameplay and a neat anti gravity gimmick that actually changes the gameplay a ton.

oh don't get me wrong. I played the beta and the gameplay is very solid, but it's far from original
See The Game Collection

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#14
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
in my opinion, that's why we still can go play Quake III. Having options is fantastic, no?

I'm going to assume you mean remade essentially with new graphics. The answer is it'd be dead within a year because the skill gap would be insane and frankly, for all the lipservice pure arena shooters get, their time has come and gone. For that matter I don't see QC having much staying power.
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#15
Orestes417 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

I'm going to assume you mean remade essentially with new graphics. The answer is it'd be dead within a year because the skill gap would be insane and frankly, for all the lipservice pure arena shooters get, their time has come and gone. For that matter I don't see QC having much staying power.

so in other words they shouldn't make the game at all?
See The Game Collection

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#16
That'd be one interpretation.
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

User Info: GeneralFox

GeneralFox
1 month ago#17
Orestes417 posted...
Eh it's not bad, but Q3A it ain't.

Nothing ever will probably as well. So those who love and enjoy playing Q3A can just play Q3A as much as they want.

sonicteam2k1 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

so in other words they shouldn't make the game at all?

Pretty much, at least not if the company is trying to do it for any form of profit. I remember reading about shooters trying to implement a game like Q3A and their communities have all died relatively fast because there just isn't enough of a community or interest to keep them alive for long.

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#18
just wow

since it doesn't meet you guys standards then they shouldn't make it, lol
See The Game Collection

User Info: GeneralFox

GeneralFox
1 month ago#19
sonicteam2k1 posted...
just wow

If this was directed towards me, standards isn't the issue I was talking about. If a game created doesn't get the support it's needed to stay afloat for very long it's considered a bad business practice. It's completely unreasonable if there isn't enough demand for a game to make a profit for the business. Keep doing it and you'll eventually go bankrupt.

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#20
GeneralFox posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
just wow

If this was directed towards me, standards isn't the issue I was talking about. If a game created doesn't get the support it's needed to stay afloat for very long it's considered a bad business practice. It's completely unreasonable if there isn't enough demand for a game to make a profit for the business. Keep doing it and you'll eventually go bankrupt.

apparently they feel it's sustainable and a good business move for them, which in turn is sad because that is all companies is concerned about nowadays, the bottom line, which they should because they're a business. But companies used to take pride in also delivering a good product. But now all they're worried about is the bottom line, which is why gaming is in the state it's in.

and as a consumer, I'm not concerned with the "business end" of anything. Which the consumer really shouldn't really have to. All a customer should be worried about is getting a good product.

You can make the argument that a customer should be concerned because of the type of game it is, being online only, and the type of investment the customer is making, which is true. No players, no revenue for the company, no reason to keep the servers on, which again, the customer shouldn't even have to worry about that, but since gaming is in the state it's in, then the customer has to put up with this garbage.

But if the company makes a good game, polished, fun to play, no tricks, no deception, then the game would do well but since it's all about "the business" we know they may not go that route.
See The Game Collection
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't wait for Quake Champions!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived