This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best controller for PC 2017?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best controller for PC 2017?

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
3 months ago#11
Xbox one has the best out-of-the-box compatibility, is built really well, and is pretty comfortable. The analogs are pretty low-tension though, and the D-pad is mediocre at best.

Dualshock 4 has a much better D-pad, slightly higher tension in the analogs, and, personally, I like the snappier face buttons. The controller isn't quite as comfortable, but is still built very well and the touch pad has some nifty functionality if you let Steam help you.

The Steam Controller feels cheaper but is still constructed well. It has insane versatility and customization options, but requires a bit more work to get going. Highest tension analog of the lot, but only one real analog and no D-pad. Reverse-curve is weird, but I like it. Mileage may vary on that.

Overall if I could only pick one I'd probably choose the DS4 because I like the buttons and D-pad so much more than the XBone, but the Steam Controller would be a close second. You can't really go wrong with any of them though, they're all great pieces of hardware.
Now Playing: GG Xrd Rev 2, GRIP, Redout
Now, let's count up your sins! | Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DrPtkT

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
3 months ago#12
Jedi454 posted...
XB1, takes more time to sync a PS4 controller to your pc via Bluetooth, especially if your PS4 is plugged in and then you have to use DS4windows.

I use my ds4 plugged in and it is natively compatible with every game on steam. For non steam games just run it through steam as a shortcut.. and most non steam games are modern and have ds4 support anyways. Ds4windows is a thing of the past . Only thing missing is button prompts on some games but do you really not know how to memorize 4 face button locations? Does anyone have to look at their controller when it says to push b ?

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
3 months ago#13
I still think the XB360 is the best option. Now I'm using the ps4 controller because l have it so why not, most games still show xbox buttons but now you can add any game to steam and activate the ps4 support there so you could use your dualshock 4 for everything.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
3 months ago#14
wentzelot posted...
Jedi454 posted...
XB1, takes more time to sync a PS4 controller to your pc via Bluetooth, especially if your PS4 is plugged in and then you have to use DS4windows.

I use my ds4 plugged in and it is natively compatible with every game on steam. For non steam games just run it through steam as a shortcut.. and most non steam games are modern and have ds4 support anyways. Ds4windows is a thing of the past . Only thing missing is button prompts on some games but do you really not know how to memorize 4 face button locations? Does anyone have to look at their controller when it says to push b ?

Using the ds4 is less time consuming than using it wireless.

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
3 months ago#15
GeseztKatze posted...
slyman19 posted...
Definitely the Xbox One controller.

How is the compatibility rate for it? Some time ago I read it wasn't quite in the same level as the 360 controller even though it's also from Microsoft.

Never had an issue. Where ever my 360 worked, my XBO controller works.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
3 months ago#16
I like the 360 controller better than the xbone. While the sticks are better quality, I hate how high the fell and the overall looseness of them. The tension is a lot less so it feels off. and I don't like how the position of the bumpers are. It just feels like a weirder 360 controller.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: Zangato

Zangato
3 months ago#17
Being using xbox controller for a year and so far love it.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
3 months ago#18
I just bought a new controller -
Xbox 360 controller - plug it in , and it works.

It's also half the price of an XOne.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: gambit444

gambit444
3 months ago#19
slyman19 posted...
Definitely the Xbox One controller.
FC: 4184-6407-0944
IGN: Mark

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
3 months ago#20
Born Lucky posted...
I just bought a new controller -
Xbox 360 controller - plug it in , and it works.

It's also half the price of an XOne.

xbox 360 controller is a great choice and best value out of the options available. but its horrible dpad makes the ds4 better if you're willing to spend the extra dough. in fact they're the only 2 full fledged controllers i would ever recommend to anyone personally. 360 if you want something cheap and will work with minimal fuss . ds4 if you want a better controller but will cost a litter more

you could also go with a 360 controller for most games and then get something like an 8bitdo or ds4 or whatever else for dpad games but at that point it's just like why not just get a ds4 imo as it's simpler not to fuss with multiple controllers
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best controller for PC 2017?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived