This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best controller for PC 2017?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best controller for PC 2017?

User Info: Otimus

Otimus
3 months ago#21
From all I have used, I'd say it goes like this:

XBOX One > PS4 (I'd say if a game supports PS4 face buttons, or you mod your controller to have XBOX face buttons, then PS4 is my favorite) > XBOX 360 > PS3 > PS2 controller > 8bitdo NES30 > Switch Pro Controller > Switch Joy-Cons > Steam controller

I tried to love the Steam controller, I tried and tried. But I just didn't like it.

Best controller made that isn't the real thing itself for GC and Wii emulation, though.
Now Playing
Zelda BOTW Master Mode (Switch), Tales of Berseria (PC), Witcher 3 (PC)

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
3 months ago#22
PS4 controller is the absolute best, especially since big picture supports it. Lots of input options for the crossbar (pretty much four directional, two per side). With steam controller better for some types of games.

360 controller is a definite go to for economy.

X1 controller is weird to me, I have big hands and the lower part of my hand is just missing a huge grip point and makes it feel weird. Dpad is also lacking. The pro edition is nice but way too expensive.

User Info: Somato

Somato
3 months ago#23
I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and a Steam Controller plugged into this PC. I prefer the Steam Controller for most games that support it.
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf

User Info: trueparallels

trueparallels
3 months ago#24
IMO after using all four, I find Xbone>Xbox360>Steam>DS4. I sold my DS4 because battery life = garbage and the controller is just uncomfortable. I like the Xbone controller the best because its the most comfortable in my hands and its plug and play

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 months ago#25
Born Lucky posted...
Xbox 360 controller
It's also half the price of an XOne.

Keep an eye out for online sales. I got a Xbone S controller for $20 a couple months ago. New in box.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
3 months ago#26
Otimus posted...
From all I have used, I'd say it goes like this:

XBOX One > PS4 (I'd say if a game supports PS4 face buttons, or you mod your controller to have XBOX face buttons, then PS4 is my favorite) > XBOX 360 > PS3 > PS2 controller > 8bitdo NES30 > Switch Pro Controller > Switch Joy-Cons > Steam controller

I tried to love the Steam controller, I tried and tried. But I just didn't like it.

Best controller made that isn't the real thing itself for GC and Wii emulation, though.

Seriously how hard is it to memorize where a,b,x,y are? Does it really stump you having Xbox prompts while using a ds4? As opposed to where they are while using a xbone controller? Hint they're in the same spot. Reallllly confusing stuff man

User Info: Terribletruth69

Terribletruth69
3 months ago#27
This is one of those opinion things. Some people prefer the PS4 controller others prefer the Xbox.

I can't say whether the Xbox 1 controller is better than the 360 one (I haven't used one) but I wouldn't doubt it. I've seen many claim that the x1 elite controller is worth the price.

I personally use a PS4 controller with DS4 windows. Works great, I like the controller.

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
3 months ago#28
slyman19 posted...
Never had an issue. Where ever my 360 worked, my XBO controller works.

I've had issues in a few games where the game would lag to a crawl and have all kinds of crackling audio as long as my Xbone controller was plugged in. Kingdoms of Amalur was one, and Just Cause 3 has given me trouble as well. With Just Cause 3 simply unplugging and replugging works, and I also have to have it unplugged when the game starts otherwise it will have problems. With Kingdoms of Amalur, I have to use my DS4 in Big Picture Mode and use it like a Steam Controller basically.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
3 months ago#29
it_r_over9000 posted...
slyman19 posted...
Never had an issue. Where ever my 360 worked, my XBO controller works.

I've had issues in a few games where the game would lag to a crawl and have all kinds of crackling audio as long as my Xbone controller was plugged in. Kingdoms of Amalur was one, and Just Cause 3 has given me trouble as well. With Just Cause 3 simply unplugging and replugging works, and I also have to have it unplugged when the game starts otherwise it will have problems. With Kingdoms of Amalur, I have to use my DS4 in Big Picture Mode and use it like a Steam Controller basically.

Haven't played KoA, but I did go through JC3 just fine when I bought it during the summer sale.

User Info: Jar_Jar

Jar_Jar
3 months ago#30
I only have experience with the DS4 but it works well for me. It's just plug and play with Steam nowadays.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best controller for PC 2017?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived