This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do a lot of people pretend they need more than 8gb of RAM?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do a lot of people pretend they need more than 8gb of RAM?

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
2 months ago#51
Then don't say s*** about it.

There's a reason why it's #3 on Steam by concurrent players despite not being an esports game (And that the company is desperately trying to make it one).
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
2 months ago#52
Why do a lot of people pretend to know what total strangers need?

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#53
Judgmenl posted...
Then don't say s*** about it.

There's a reason why it's #3 on Steam by concurrent players despite not being an esports game.

I'm not saying s*** about it...
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
2 months ago#54
You said it was unoptimized.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#55
Judgmenl posted...

still not talking s***...
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: kindofagrump

kindofagrump
2 months ago#56
Judgmenl posted...

But it is poorly optimized. Good game, but poorly optimized. It'll get better, that's why it's in early access.

User Info: East West

East West
2 months ago#57
for most people, it doesn't go pass 8gb.

not everybody streams and video edits.
http://tinyurl.com/pfbrozy

User Info: mariopaper

mariopaper
2 months ago#58
I'm at 6GB average just opening tabs and watching videos on a daily basis, so with 16 GB I don't have to close tabs just to play a game.

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
2 months ago#59
Fade2black001 posted...
cody4783 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Is that it? I have like 40 tabs of chrome opened among other things and only have 5GB of RAM usage

Did you miss the fact he's literally running PUBG (Tslgame.exe) AND streaming (OBS.exe) at the same time, when that screenshot was posted? That's 6GB of his RAM right there.

Hell when I run PUBG it can and has hit 6GB of RAM on it's own.

Sounds like bad optimization

A rare post where Fade is correct. Also lol at Judgmenl's post. That guy gets super triggered whenever anyone makes any criticism about a game he likes. PUBG being a good game or not has no relevance to the fact that it is an unoptimized pile.

Also the more RAM you have, the more the system is gonna use. So saying "I have Win7 using 8GB alone now!!!" means absolutely nothing. I have Win7 right now with 30 chrome tabs open and a video game running and I'm not even using 5GBs.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
2 months ago#60
East West posted...
not everybody streams and video edits.

Folks don't need to do either much less both of those tasks to go over 8GB either. I hit 87% RAM usage yesterday after having the Path of Exile client up for 6 or 7 hours and not having restarted Firefox in a day or so.

Tyranius2 posted...
Also the more RAM you have, the more the system is gonna use. So saying "I have Win7 using 8GB alone now!!!" means absolutely nothing. I have Win7 right now with 30 chrome tabs open and a video game running and I'm not even using 5GBs.

And I'm using Windows 7 with no games up, and I'm sitting at 7434MB or so used. Just four Firefox windows with maybe 20-25 loaded tabs and another 40-50 unloaded tabs using up 1.6GB, and my normal assortment of "always on" software. Visual Studio, Outlook, Notepad++, Glyph, Excel, etc.

Hell, my PC's up time is up to 18 days, 17 hours so I'm sure that has some effect on things

All sorts of things out there make the "oh you only need" argument a bigger crock of crap than when Peter Pan took a dump in Hook's nemesis' taxidermied corpse.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do a lot of people pretend they need more than 8gb of RAM?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived