This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is GoG your main client?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is GoG your main client?
The cranky hermit 2 months ago#11
I buy from GOG whenever possible, but I don't use their client. I use a normal browser, and I launch their games without any special client like I used to in the old days.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: Kharillle

Kharillle
2 months ago#12
I tend to use gog. I get a copy on an external hard drive and use their client. I do appreciate that they have some really old games and I'm fearful in case I lose internet access which might happen if I travelled to the third world, which is unlikely.

Maybe some catastrophic event like an earthquake will mean I'll have to play offline. Always insecure.
No time for games so I twitch. Youtube is good. Two monitors at any one time. My graphics card ist krap.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#13
Jason_Hudson posted...
Nah, Steam is my City.

But I do use GOG Galaxy for GOG games, Origin for EA games etc.

Speaking of City, Cities SKYLINES is 75% off.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#14
Also I have Steam and the Xbox app and that's it for me.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
2 months ago#15
I don't have a main client, I use any client when it's necessary then close it when I'm done.

User Info: chickenlard

chickenlard
2 months ago#16
SnakePlisken94 posted...
the only thing i have installed on my pc is steam

everything else is trash

How did you type the message you just typed.

User Info: Jar_Jar

Jar_Jar
2 months ago#17
I only use Steam.

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
2 months ago#18
Whichever marketplace has the game cheaper when I want to buy it, that's my main.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: Boge

Boge
2 months ago#19
If GoG had the games Steam does, I wouldn't use Steam anymore. Actually, I would only use Galaxy to update my games, but I would run everything without a client.
Hey, how come my two cents is only worth like a half a cent?

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
2 months ago#20
Dunno why anyone would use Origin or uPlay. Neither lets you install games exactly where you want them, and unlike Steam, neither of them offers the option to create multiple "libraries" to compensate. Using either nets you the "privilege" of having either a very small library on an SSD or a very slow library on an HDD. Either way, piracy is a better than either of those clients in this regard.

Granted that Galaxy in and of itself does the same thing with one-size-fits-all "libraries," but GOG provides stand-alone installers for every game that lets you dictate exactly where the game goes. Galaxy, so far as I can tell, has no issues with finding and managing those games.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is GoG your main client?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived