This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so, KOTOR II, compatibility, crashing, performance, etc.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. so, KOTOR II, compatibility, crashing, performance, etc.

User Info: WarDog2016

WarDog2016
2 months ago#1
I realize there was the patch not too long ago that added a lot of widescreen support, 4k support, achievements, easily installing the TSLRCM and all that...

But have more bugs been confirmed fixed? I recently got this installed on my Lubuntu laptop for the first time, I've played probably 20 hours, multiple planets under my belt, and not one single crash.

I even triggered the Visas scene while inside the military base on Telos' service. I was like "s***" because I thought I'd need to reload and go do some darkside s*** in Telos. But, I pushed on to see what happened. The entrance to the Mesa went off flawlessly and nothing glitched. I've also had a lot of problems in the past when you are about to leave Dxun for Onderon where the game likes to glitch in some way on the big battle with the sith assassins. It was smooth sailing this time.

So question, have they actually fixed some of this stuff over a decade later, or is it possible the game is just that much more stable on Linux?

User Info: TrueOfficialMe

TrueOfficialMe
2 months ago#2
WarDog2016 posted...
I realize there was the patch not too long ago that added a lot of widescreen support, 4k support, achievements, easily installing the TSLRCM and all that...

But have more bugs been confirmed fixed? I recently got this installed on my Lubuntu laptop for the first time, I've played probably 20 hours, multiple planets under my belt, and not one single crash.

I even triggered the Visas scene while inside the military base on Telos' service. I was like "s***" because I thought I'd need to reload and go do some darkside s*** in Telos. But, I pushed on to see what happened. The entrance to the Mesa went off flawlessly and nothing glitched. I've also had a lot of problems in the past when you are about to leave Dxun for Onderon where the game likes to glitch in some way on the big battle with the sith assassins. It was smooth sailing this time.

So question, have they actually fixed some of this stuff over a decade later, or is it possible the game is just that much more stable on Linux?

Yeah from what i understand the patch fixed some bugs, and made it so it didnt crash every fifteen minutes like kotor 1.
Seriously, I want to play kotor 1 but its near impossible!
"Muchushakapaka" -Every Twilek Ever

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
2 months ago#3
TrueOfficialMe posted...

Can you source an Original Xbox locally?
Understanding the rationality of SJWs is like trying to smell the colour 9.
Locating the humanity of neo-Nazis is like finding the Unicorns' Graveyard.

User Info: YoungAdultLink

YoungAdultLink
2 months ago#4
I've not run into any big game-breaking bugs the last few times I played through the game, though Frame Buffer Effects still have to be disabled on AMD hardware, because reasons.

Then again, I've also always played with the community patch installed, and moved to using the Restored Content Mod as soon as it was in a good enough state.
One day, when I am too old for adventuring, I will settle down and open up a little armor shop called, "Victorious Secret."

WarDog2016
2 months ago#5
Stonedwolfed posted...
TrueOfficialMe posted...

Can you source an Original Xbox locally?

Well if that's an emulator question, we should all be careful. But maybe you are talking about playing it on xbox one? Idk, haven't owned a bone yet.

But on the topic, my last two windows pcs that I've tried to play kotor 1 on over the last couple years would crash at the launch of the game. I never really searched for a fix.

I've wondered what the version is like that was released for tablets. Maybe it was made stable for that platform?

Stonedwolfed
2 months ago#6
That was a hardware question. I had an Original Xbox and it played that and Jade Empire beautifully.

I wouldn't have thought it would work well via emulator, I have very little experience of them at the best of times.

Stonedwolfed
2 months ago#7
And why is it only now I am finding out about my next holiday destination ???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotor

WarDog2016
2 months ago#8
Stonedwolfed posted...
And why is it only now I am finding out about my next holiday destination ???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotor

lol MAGA

jk

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
2 months ago#9
WarDog2016 posted...
easily installing the TSLRCM

What do you mean by "easily installing"?
'Ahn~ It's so loud I can't sleep~!' Lily White said, suddenly awaking.
How great the power of yuri was that it could even neutralise poison!

WarDog2016
2 months ago#10
Massaca posted...
WarDog2016 posted...
easily installing the TSLRCM

What do you mean by "easily installing"?

well, I guess just I'd been playing off a disc for years, and I was having to install using their files off their website. I then decided to try on Steam due to the graphics updates. I suppose I don't really know for how long the TSLRCM has been easily accessible via the steam workshop.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. so, KOTOR II, compatibility, crashing, performance, etc.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived