This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking about giving Skyrim another shot

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thinking about giving Skyrim another shot

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
3 months ago#11
Yeah, Oblivion is more unstable than Skyrim just to start with and most mods just take that shaky foundation and make it even worse. To top it off, a lot of the big mods give you links for their dependencies that no longer exist, so you have to track down an equivalent version of whatever they were supposed to run on and hope for the best. I played through a heavily modded Oblivion a couple of years ago and ended up having to uninstall some of the really cool mods because they were crashing the game every few minutes. The game was still great with the mods I ended up playing with but it took a lot of patience to be able to enjoy it.

I recall crashing Skyrim a bit with a mod that expanded the amount of gear in the game. Sometimes a bandit was supposed to spawn wearing certain gear and it would crash to desktop. But I ended up just temporarily disabling that gear then re-enabling it after the encounter because the mod was still pretty cool. Admittedly it's not the best way to live but with Bethesda games you take the good with the bad, modded or no.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
3 months ago#12
If you invest in BOW+STEALTH+CONJURATION, early on, you will be destroying everything in one shot within the first few hours.

I have had quite a few moments of pure awe, using that combo, but I can tell you that it gets really boring OHKing everything, (YES EVERYTHING).
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: chickenlard

chickenlard
3 months ago#13
k debonair posted...
spacecowboymike posted...
Any suggestions on how I could enjoy the game more this time around?

Well, this is the PC board, so mods, and lots of them.

There's a mod out there for anything, and you can literally change the game into whatever suits your play-style or tastes. Do some research for a day, look over the nexus, learn how to use LOOT and TES5Edit, and then go to town.

Once you have tailored the game specifically to you, you're going to have a lot more fun with it.

Just for ease of life, I recommend SKSE, the anti-crash SKSE plugin, and an ENB, if only to address the memory issues. Obviously these don't apply to the Special Edition.
From there you can get whatever content and gameplay-changers you want (catgirls, macho man randy savage, thomas the train, or whatever else floats your banana)

Is their a mod that lets me be a giant 6 foot tall penis, who wields 2 d****s as his weapons?

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
3 months ago#14
ApexMjolnir posted...
If you invest in BOW+STEALTH+CONJURATION, early on, you will be destroying everything in one shot within the first few hours.

Eh, why not, I'll give it a shot.

Downloading TESV:Skyrim begins now.

Any recommendations guys? General mods to enhance the game (I have the legendary edition, but not the special edition.) Nothing too flashy and unique, just enough to improve the game's appearance and stability.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
3 months ago#15
There's a mod called Deadly Dragons that increases dragon variety. By default it's like... dragon, old dragon, ancient dragon. And one is gray, one is brown, whatever. With Deadly Dragons there's like red Blood Dragons, blue Frost Dragons, and stuff like that.

There are all kinds of mods with like higher resolution versions of textures for towns and characters and stuff like that but adding more diversity to the game's big enemy is what stood out the most to me.

User Info: k debonair

k debonair
3 months ago#16
chickenlard posted...
Is their a mod that lets me be a giant 6 foot tall penis, who wields 2 d****s as his weapons?

A quick google search surprisingly revealed that, yes, you can do this. d**** sword was the first hit that came up, and a big giant purple one at that.

now let us never mention this again.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
3 months ago#17
zxxcman posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...

Eh, why not, I'll give it a shot.

Downloading TESV:Skyrim begins now.

Any recommendations guys? General mods to enhance the game (I have the legendary edition, but not the special edition.) Nothing too flashy and unique, just enough to improve the game's appearance and stability.

This will require you to seek out the BOUND BOW spell... Totally worth the Google moment.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
3 months ago#18
I tried to give Skyrim about half a dozen shots since it came out. Never made it passed the first town after the intro.

I keep expecting to magically "get it" and start enjoying it like Morrowind but it ends up reinforcing it's just a really s*** game like everything else Bethesda has done in a decade and a half.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
3 months ago#19
best mods are on oldrim, mostly because SKSE64 is dead in the water. until that changes you're going to be stuck with a vanillia+ experience on newrim.
People die when they are killed.
Among horse, Red Hare. Among men, Lu Bu.

User Info: WaffIeElite

WaffIeElite
3 months ago#20
Don't worry about messing up your build in Skyrim, at least unmodded. The game is so piss easy that you can still easily finish it with entirely randomized stats and perks. When over half of the skills are considered overpowered, you know the game has balance problems.
I have a signature. Apparently this is important, but I still don't have my secret cool kid decoder ring yet.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thinking about giving Skyrim another shot

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived