This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you make dents in your backlog?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do you make dents in your backlog?

User Info: chickenlard

chickenlard
1 month ago#1
I have over 200 games that I have yet to play, been buying games that are on sale, but never playing them. Recently I have been doing this.

I play and beat 2 games, then I can buy one more. That way I never add more games to my backlog.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#2
simple, I don't have one to begin with.

A lot of people seem to have the problem you have, they buy a lot of games and never play them and just waste their money.
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: chickenlard

chickenlard
1 month ago#3
Fade2black001 posted...

A lot of people seem to have the problem you have, they buy a lot of games and never play them and just waste their money.

I am just afraid the game will never hit that price again, or if it does, it will take a year. And I might want to play it later.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#4
chickenlard posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

I am just afraid the game will never hit that price again, or if it does, it will take a year. And I might want to play it later.

Thus the problem you and a lot of others have
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
1 month ago#5
Stop buying games. The game will always be found at the same or better price at some point in the future.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: MuttonBasher

MuttonBasher
1 month ago#6
I don't. I've tried and just keep going back to old favorites that I've already sunk thousands of hours into.
You found a stardrop! It's strange, but the taste reminds you of Shane. Your maximum energy level has increased.
Focus on one game at a time.

Don't worry about buying more as much as playing what you are interested in till the end.

And what some of the previous posters don't understand, some games become scarce/delisted. So buying them while the opportunity is ripe is sometimes the best option.
Brawl-FC-1203-8953-0974 (X40)
"Help!!! I'm being attacked by white transparent ninjas!" - pipeman

User Info: somebadlemonade

somebadlemonade
1 month ago#8
Honestly I have a set of rules for buying games
-Monthly budget for games: $50(I set this before the month begins).
-If I plan on playing it right then I'm willing to spend $20-30 on it.
-if I don't plan on playing it for a while it has to be on sale for at least 50% off or under $5.
-if I use all or most of my budget buying $5 games and something I want to play now goes on sale but it will make me go over I take it's value from the next month's budget.

So set up a budget/allowance and keep track of it, set rules for buying, if you use steam use the wallet function for easy budgeting with minimal need to remember how much you have left.

I have a similar set of rules for entertainment for the month, food, and eating out. But I'm studying to become an accountant so I guess thinking this way should come with the territory.

I have a txt file with the games I want to beat/finish in the order I want to finish them, I just move stuff around as I play them on the list and I have a txt for finished games or at what percentage/stage/area I left them at so I'm not totally lost if or when I decide to go back and play them
Meh posting brought to you by SBL inc. Makers of The Only Ink that Stinks!

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
1 month ago#9
I don't.

I just play whatever I want to play.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
1 month ago#10
And people wonder why they send out coupons for stuff that you will never use, in your mailbox every month.

Oooooh, save $16 on a Libbman wonder mop if I buy 3 refill heads... Use mop once, forget about extra heads... buy mop that works like a mop. BUT I SAVED $16!!!

Sure, if you absolutely plan on playing these games, because they completely interest you, definitely. If you are buying it on sale, knowing that you are going to upgrade your PC soon, because you can't ignore GTA V for $12, yeah... you probably made a good decision to save $40 off what it will likely cost when you do upgrade.

But buying 40 games that you could probably do without ever playing, but the price seemed right, is dumb. Sure you SAVED $500 off the normal price of these games, but it Cost you $150 that you could have used elsewhere.

The whole Discount = purchase slant, is why people buy crap, and never play it.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do you make dents in your backlog?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived