This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you make dents in your backlog?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do you make dents in your backlog?

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
2 months ago#11
I do have quite a few games on Steam that I haven't played much. I eventually realised that I just don't like them, and there's no point in keep 'giving them another go'. There are very few games that I really do like, and I just play those.

A few months ago I made a decision not to buy any more media of any sort for the rest of this year. That's games, films, tv series, music, books, magazines, newspapers, and whatever else is left. Already have more than enough to keep me occupied for a long time.

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
2 months ago#12
Maybe these will help?
A) Like Eye of the Beholder said, focus on one game at a time.

B) Start with shorter games.

C) If you're into it, cheating can help, especially for harder games.

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
2 months ago#13
Disconnect from the Internet.

Forums are one of the worst time drains.
Understanding the rationality of SJWs is like trying to smell the colour 9.
Locating the humanity of neo-Nazis is like finding the Unicorns' Graveyard.

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
2 months ago#14
1) Quit your job. If you already don't have one, don't waste precious game time by looking for a new one.
2) Sleep as little as possible. Take little naps instead of sleeping for long periods.
3) Treat your backlog like it was a hydra. Beat one game, but make sure you buy two more in it's place.
4) Tell families, and loved ones that you are in a very dangours place and you will call them as soon as you are safe. Then, don't call them.
5) Admit that you have a video game problem, but don't seek help. Play games instead.
6) Don't bathe.
7) Don't waste game time by asking gamefaq for advice. Instead, play games.
Now, say my name.

User Info: Heaven17

Heaven17
2 months ago#15
With a drill hammer. Sometimes, even a knife is enough.

User Info: hellofriend

hellofriend
2 months ago#16
I don't. Every time I start working on a game, I end up buying 2 or 3 more.

I will never get through it all.

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
2 months ago#17
The process I've found effective is only two points:

• Stop buying more games and play what you have. Sales come and go all the time, and games rapidly lose value as they age.
• Make a clear distinction as to whether you actually like a game. If you don't, stop considering it in your back log.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#18
Stop buying games constantly and sit down and play your games? But seriously, create a "COMPLETED" category for your games in Steam, then add a few to maybe a dozen games you've been meaning to play to your "favorites" so they'll be visible (I favorite all the games I'm playing at the moment), once you're doing playing through a game, remove it from your favorites list and add to the completed list.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 months ago#19
Finish everything you start. I have a bad habit of playing something about 30-50% through then getting into something else and by the time I get back around to what I was playing I feel obligated to restart from the beginning, especially in RPG's.

And stay away from perpetual time sinks like online games.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
2 months ago#20
I actually don't finish most games these days, just play a bit and move to another one. Play whatever you want and don't worry about finishing them and try to buy only games that you know you'll play at least once. The only games l haven't even installed are games from bundles but l don't feel like I've wasted money because l probably enjoyed other games from the same bundle.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do you make dents in your backlog?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived