This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you make dents in your backlog?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do you make dents in your backlog?

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
3 months ago#21
Is this a bad time to mention that Origins has a huge sale going on right now?
Now, say my name.

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
3 months ago#22
I gave up on it.
I have come to the conclusion that 95% of my backlog is not worth playing,let alone installing.

There's a total of 10 games that I want to play/replay across PC and PS4.
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
3 months ago#23
Just play the game. But know you can't beat every game created ever.

User Info: bluemoogle

bluemoogle
3 months ago#24
I used to have a backlog problem. Don't get me wrong, I still have a backlog, but I don't consider it a problem anymore. I very rarely buy new games, and instead I play games I want to play, which is maybe 10-25% of the time my backlog. When I realized how little time I actually put towards my backlog, I realized that I don't need many new games to keep me entertained.

I used to worry about missing a sale, too, but I came to the realization that it's worse to spend $15 on a game I'll never play, compared to $30 for a game I will play and enjoy. Of course the best is $15 for a game I will play, but as I said above, that doesn't happen too often.

Except more recently, since I am playing my backlog and replaying the favorites, a lot of the games I would have bought on sale for $20 a few years ago, are now $20 at base price now, and are going on sale for $5. The only thing I miss out is the big rush of talking about the game with all the new players, but that's not a big deal.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
3 months ago#25
1. Stop buying games
2. Start playing the games you've already bought.

Those 2 steps tend to work out pretty well for me.

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
3 months ago#26
Stonedwolfed posted...
Disconnect from the Internet.

Forums are one of the worst time drains.

This guy gets it
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: Doctor_Mark

Doctor_Mark
3 months ago#27
I have recently looked at this myself with over 200 games in my steam library and shelves of games in my computer room. Over the last few years my game time has fallen hard, but I was still buying games day one. As I looked through my steam list I released that I have hardly beaten any of the games.

What has been helping me is sticking to one game. I was jumping from game to game playing a little bit here and there. If I get bored with the game I'm currently playing, I take a brake from gaming and will come back to it after some tv watching. I have been sticking to this trend as of late and have started enjoying some of these great games I didn't bother with till late.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
3 months ago#28
I don't :(
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hj9yPs
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | MSI GTX Gaming X 1070 | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Prime Z270-A

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
3 months ago#29
Purge the games from your steam library.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
3 months ago#30
GoIrish80 posted...
1. Stop buying games
2. Start playing the games you've already bought.

Those 2 steps tend to work out pretty well for me.

On that note, it's also much more difficult to buy more games when you're busy playing games.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do you make dents in your backlog?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived