This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AMD confirms more $499 VEGA 64 cards coming soon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD confirms more $499 VEGA 64 cards coming soon
(message deleted)

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#22
So how much did they pay you for this topic?
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: ThePandaForest

ThePandaForest
2 months ago#23
The fact that you're so butthurt is payment enough
Vega Frontier Edition | Titan X Pascal
C32HG70 HDR 144Hz 1ms | Vive VR

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
2 months ago#24
Vega, eh? AMD is doing it big. I love their Ryzen processors. Definitely satisfied. However, GPU-wise, the 1080 Ti is just a straight savage.
Rig: R5 1600X @ 3.9Ghz | MSI B350M Bazooka | EVGA GTX 1080 | 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
Headset: Philips SHP9500 + V-MODA BoomPro

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
2 months ago#25
WalkingPlague posted...
Vega, eh? AMD is doing it big. I love their Ryzen processors. Definitely satisfied. However, GPU-wise, the 1080 Ti is just a straight savage.

You are comparing a 6-core CPU versus a 4-core CPU that can handle more complex operations per instruction. What would you expect for a result?
Ryzen 1800X, 16GB 3600 MHz CAS15 DDR4, 2x Radeon R9 390X, GA-AX370-Gaming K7
x86 is holding back PCs.

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
2 months ago#26
lightningbugx posted...
WalkingPlague posted...

You are comparing a 6-core CPU versus a 4-core CPU that can handle more complex operations per instruction. What would you expect for a result?

WTF are you talking about, you mook? Where in that post did I compare CPU's?
Rig: R5 1600X @ 3.9Ghz | MSI B350M Bazooka | EVGA GTX 1080 | 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
Headset: Philips SHP9500 + V-MODA BoomPro

lightningbugx
2 months ago#27
WalkingPlague posted...
lightningbugx posted...
WalkingPlague posted...

Mook? Me? You are the one who can't read specs.

There is more to a GPU than total shaders. Your modern GPU has the shaders, texture units, and render output processors composed into a render pipe. A render pipe in GPU terms is equivalent to a single CPU core. The GTX 1080 and Vega64 are both 4 render pipe GPUs. The GTX 1080ti has 6 render pipes, making it equivalent to a 6 core CPU. The difference between Vega 10 series and GTX 10 series are the ratios of shaders to texture units to ROPs. Vega 10 can perform more complex instructions per cycle than GTX 10.

In the end, comparing a Vega64 to GTX Titan XP (the more appropriate GPU) is like comparing a 4 core CPU with higher IPC versus a 6 core CPU in very complicated multi-threaded tasks. In most cases, the 6 core will crush the 4 core just due to the 2 extra cores. In rare cases will the 4 core win.
x86 is holding back PCs.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#28
lightningbugx posted...
WalkingPlague posted...
lightningbugx posted...
WalkingPlague posted...

Mook? Me? You are the one who can't read specs.

There is more to a GPU than total shaders. Your modern GPU has the shaders, texture units, and render output processors composed into a render pipe. A render pipe in GPU terms is equivalent to a single CPU core. The GTX 1080 and Vega64 are both 4 render pipe GPUs. The GTX 1080ti has 6 render pipes, making it equivalent to a 6 core CPU. The difference between Vega 10 series and GTX 10 series are the ratios of shaders to texture units to ROPs. Vega 10 can perform more complex instructions per cycle than GTX 10.

In the end, comparing a Vega64 to GTX Titan XP (the more appropriate GPU) is like comparing a 4 core CPU with higher IPC versus a 6 core CPU in very complicated multi-threaded tasks. In most cases, the 6 core will crush the 4 core just due to the 2 extra cores. In rare cases will the 4 core win.

Guess we can expect GTX780Ti to run faster than Vega 64, since it has 'more cores' right?!

...except that's not how GPU performance works at all, ever.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
2 months ago#29
PS4 costs less and actually uses HDR. Lol
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

lightningbugx
2 months ago#30
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Guess we can expect GTX780Ti to run faster than Vega 64, since it has 'more cores' right?!

...except that's not how GPU performance works at all, ever.

The GTX 780ti has 2/3rd the cores and much slower clock rate. Epic fail. I need to report your account as hacked, as I would expect better from the real DarkZV2Beta.
x86 is holding back PCs.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD confirms more $499 VEGA 64 cards coming soon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived