This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone know what this little bridge on the back of this circuit board is called?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone know what this little bridge on the back of this circuit board is called?

User Info: Corrupt_Power

Corrupt_Power
1 month ago#1
https://i.imgtc.com/sQQ28M7.jpg

This is the back side of the main board out of my PSU that recently blew. I've already replaced the PSU and so far it looks like it didn't take any other components out with it. Since the old one was out of warranty, I decided to take it apart and try to find the point of failure, and that little bridge labeled D206 looks to be it. You can see D207 in that image too, I would assume that it's the same type as the one that failed, just not exploded. Anyone know what the proper name for that thing would be? I keep calling it a bridge but I don't know if that's right and it's way too vague for me to do more research on that part itself.
Posted with GameRaven 3.2.2

User Info: nicnac_390

nicnac_390
1 month ago#2
Probably just a diode. Be sure to safely discharge the capacitors though.

User Info: reaper of souls

reaper of souls
1 month ago#3
The D207 and D206 components are diodes. The numbers are reference designators for those component locations on the circuit board.

Similarly, the CXXX are capacitors and the RXXX are resistors.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#4
Out of curiosity, what make and model was your old PSU?
Might be good for people to know if it's something that's likely to just blow up your computer.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

Corrupt_Power
1 month ago#5
Dragon Nexus posted...
Out of curiosity, what make and model was your old PSU?
Might be good for people to know if it's something that's likely to just blow up your computer.

It was a Seasonic X650 Gold, purchased in 2011. Had a five year warranty, and the same models purchased after Sept 2012 have a seven year warranty, so I assume they probably tightened or improved the manufacturing after that point. I replaced it with a Seasonic Flagship Prime 750 Platinum, which have twelve year warranties.
Posted with GameRaven 3.2.2

User Info: qeoijlijw

qeoijlijw
1 month ago#6
dynamite.
diode? thats not even real. get out of here you jokers.
Now watching: The Sun

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#7
What will a warranty cover you with when it comes to a PSU? I mean, I understand if a GPU dies they'd replace the GPU...but a GPU isn't likely to fry your entire computer if it rolls a natural 1 one day and inhales a bubble.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
1 month ago#8
fried!
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
1 month ago#9
Corrupt_Power posted...
I decided to take [my PSU] apart

And TC was never heard from again.
But seriously, don't take apart a PSU. It's a great way to electrocute yourself.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

Corrupt_Power
1 month ago#10
Dragon Nexus posted...
What will a warranty cover you with when it comes to a PSU? I mean, I understand if a GPU dies they'd replace the GPU...but a GPU isn't likely to fry your entire computer if it rolls a natural 1 one day and inhales a bubble.

Well, the PSU itself, of course. And the reason I only buy Seasonic PSUs is that I've found through my research that they are the least likely to take other hardware with them if they die. This one dying and not taking anything with it helps that conclusion.

wildog2006 posted...
Corrupt_Power posted...
I decided to take [my PSU] apart

And TC was never heard from again.
But seriously, don't take apart a PSU. It's a great way to electrocute yourself.

It had been unplugged for over 2 weeks, pretty sure it was fine.
On Android? Check out GameRaven: http://tinyurl.com/GameRaven
http://i.imgur.com/ZAEZQUQ.png -mcpwnia
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone know what this little bridge on the back of this circuit board is called?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived