This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Forza Motorsport 7 Delivers the Ultimate PC Racing Experience

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Forza Motorsport 7 Delivers the Ultimate PC Racing Experience

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#11
reported
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
1 month ago#12
Sims has a long way to go but get more & more realistic as tech advance.

Although, you can still get away by exploiting by using unrealistic way of driving & weird setup.

Nice little read here:
http://racingcardynamics.com/lap-time-simulation-to-dil/
"Some of the lap time simulation packages don’t integrate a way to model driver behaviour, and assumes that the car will always run on the grip-limit. This may result in a setup that will give the ultimate lap time, but will be undriveable in the real world."

Or you can read my setup guide on steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=912315488

I still don't get everything, but you get the idea.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#13
I'm not going to do sims racers anymore without a wheel set up.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: somebadlemonade

somebadlemonade
1 month ago#14
captsplatter_1 posted...

why would you subject yourself to that level of torment?

trying to play racing sims with a controller is hard, with a mouse and keyboard it's damn near impossible

the subtle inputs needed should only ever be done with a wheel even the cheapest wheel would do for a start, just turn down the force feedback so you don't burn out the motor
Meh posting brought to you by SBL inc. Makers of The Only Ink that Stinks!

yohabroha
1 month ago#15
somebadlemonade posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...

why would you subject yourself to that level of torment?

trying to play racing sims with a controller is hard, with a mouse and keyboard it's damn near impossible

the subtle inputs needed should only ever be done with a wheel even the cheapest wheel would do for a start, just turn down the force feedback so you don't burn out the motor

he used a double negative, he's saying he's only is going to use wheel set-ups
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: somebadlemonade

somebadlemonade
1 month ago#16
yohabroha posted...

commenting on reading comprehension, while not understanding, that for him to only use a wheel set up going forward, means at one point he didn't, my comment was about even the cheapest wheel setup being better than a controller or mouse and keyboard.

please reread what i wrote and you'll see that as the context of comments
Meh posting brought to you by SBL inc. Makers of The Only Ink that Stinks!

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#17
Should be obvious why a wheel would be less than desirable. They eat up space and require a good place to set them up. Not that sims really have any place in a discussion of Forza.
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#18
Orestes417 posted...
Not that sims really have any place in a discussion of Forza.

*nods*

Simcade
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: ritsuka66

ritsuka66
1 month ago#19
yohabroha posted...
reported

hu? why?
Life....Hope...Dreams, What are these things? And where are they going? These things... I will destroy! -KEFKA -

yohabroha
1 month ago#20
somebadlemonade posted...
yohabroha posted...

commenting on reading comprehension, while not understanding, that for him to only use a wheel set up going forward, means at one point he didn't, my comment was about even the cheapest wheel setup being better than a controller or mouse and keyboard.

please reread what i wrote and you'll see that as the context of comments

i wasn't really trying to call anyone out on it, although i know that infuriates people. if you read it from my perspective it still makes sense. if someone had missed the double negative, thinking he said "i wouldn't play a sim with a wheel setup from now on", one would be incline to ask "why the hell would you do that?" which is what i read yours as.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Forza Motorsport 7 Delivers the Ultimate PC Racing Experience

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived