This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo 3 or path of exile or pillars of eternity?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Diablo 3 or path of exile or pillars of eternity?

User Info: Huolihan

Huolihan
2 months ago#1
Which is better and why? I've never played a game like this before but damn they look good

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
2 months ago#2
Other than sharing an acronym with one of them, Pillars of Eternity is nothing like the other two games whatsoever.

Diablo 3 is apparently easier to play casually than Path of Exile.

User Info: Jar_Jar

Jar_Jar
2 months ago#3
If you've never played a game like this before I'd start with Diablo 2. It's a classic and the best of its genre. Also, Pillars of Eternity isn't in the same genre of the other ones; it's a party-based RPG with a lot of story/reading, while the other two are 'hack 'n slash' action RPGs.

ElDudorino
2 months ago#4
Since you just listed two genres of game, what are you actually looking for?

User Info: Huolihan

Huolihan
2 months ago#5
ElDudorino posted...
Since you just listed two genres of game, what are you actually looking for?

I thought pillars was the same as diablo so I apologize for that I'm just looking for a fun loot type game

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
2 months ago#6
Pillars is the best of those. A good standard RPG will always outclass a Hack 'n Slash RPG... unless you're some sort of gambling addict who gets off on loot whoring more than good design and writing.

D3 is probably the best Hack 'n Slash out there, but that's only the console version with its elegant non-click-click-click control scheme.

Combining all the plagues of Free2Play with all the plagues of Hack 'n Slash RPGs in general makes me want to stay as far away from Path of Exile as possible.

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
2 months ago#7
Huolihan posted...
I thought pillars was the same as diablo so I apologize for that I'm just looking for a fun loot type game

Nah, Pillars is more of a standard RPG whereas Diablo 3 and Path of Exile are isometric looty ARPGs.

Depends on what experience you want tbh. If you're more looking for a casual game, D3 is perfect for that. If you're looking for a hardcore game, PoE is where it's at. With that being said, Path just released a new expansion a couple weeks ago that revamped the leveling process, so now's a perfect time to jump in.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

ElDudorino
2 months ago#8
kobalobasileus posted...
Combining all the plagues of Free2Play

What would those be?

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#9
ElDudorino posted...
Other than sharing an acronym with one of them, Pillars of Eternity is nothing like the other two games whatsoever.

Technically it's an initialism, but whatevs.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: CrestedTax

CrestedTax
2 months ago#10
Pillars of Eternity is not even within the same genre as the other two.
FC: 5172-3452-9992 Kaurus
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Diablo 3 or path of exile or pillars of eternity?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived