This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo 3 or path of exile or pillars of eternity?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Diablo 3 or path of exile or pillars of eternity?

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
3 months ago#11
Dragon Nexus posted...
ElDudorino posted...
Other than sharing an acronym with one of them, Pillars of Eternity is nothing like the other two games whatsoever.

Technically it's an initialism, but whatevs.

Well more than anything I guess it's an abbreviation since if we were saying the name aloud we'd probably just say the whole thing. But if we choose to shorten it in normal speech I think pronouncing it like "Poe" would work just as well as saying "pee oh ee."

User Info: Teen Girl Squad

Teen Girl Squad
3 months ago#12
If you are looking for a loot fest ARPG, play Path of Exile. I don't think its the absolute best in the genre but its pretty good and its free (no pay to win stuff unless you want to really dive deep into endgame). If you don't like that game at its fundamental level, you probably won't like D2/D3/Torchlight/Grim Dawn. PIllars is a turn based RPG/RTS game, which outside of the aesthetics, is very different as a game.
"Rest of league playing checkers, Chargers playing E-Sports." Drug_Smoker.

ElDudorino
3 months ago#13
Teen Girl Squad posted...
(no pay to win stuff unless you want to really dive deep into endgame)

The only thing it has that could be considered "pay to win" is the ability to buy more stash tabs or have premium tabs which make selling your stuff easier but are by no means necessary. I think that needs to be clear; you don't use real-world money to buy any kind of powers, gear, etc.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
3 months ago#14
ElDudorino posted...
But if we choose to shorten it in normal speech I think pronouncing it like "Poe" would work just as well as saying "pee oh ee."

Really? If you're talking about Pillars of Eternity to a friend you'd call it Poe?
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

ElDudorino
3 months ago#15
Dragon Nexus posted...
ElDudorino posted...
But if we choose to shorten it in normal speech I think pronouncing it like "Poe" would work just as well as saying "pee oh ee."

Really? If you're talking about Pillars of Eternity to a friend you'd call it Poe?

Hell no, I'd call it "Pillars of Eternity." I wouldn't abbreviate it at all, because, why. But if you're gonna abbreviate it, you might as well go all the way. No sense pronouncing each letter.

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
3 months ago#16
Check out Grim Dawn if you want more Diablo 2 and less Diablo 3 cartoony mess
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
3 months ago#17
Path of Exile is the true successor to Diablo 2 LoD

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
3 months ago#18
kobalobasileus posted...
Combining all the plagues of Free2Play with all the plagues of Hack 'n Slash RPGs in general makes me want to stay as far away from Path of Exile as possible.

You're out of your mind dude, there's literally nothing about PoE that's a plague with being F2P.

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
3 months ago#19
play diablo 3 until you complete the story mode, and experience rifts once and then put it on the shelf. Switch to Path of Exile afterwards.

Honestly, I tried playing PoE and its a bit weird to start into, from what I remember there was no direction of where to go at the very beginning.

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
3 months ago#20
Diablo 3, if you want an arcade-y fast experience with seasons. It's more of a hack and slash due to the generator/spender system.

Path of Exile, if you want something closer to old isometric dungeon crawlers. Weapons, weapon types, and how you use them, have some bearing on your game (daggers for extra crits, swords for accuracy, hammers for more stuns, etc).

Pillars of Eternity, if you want an old style rpg game with a good/great story.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Diablo 3 or path of exile or pillars of eternity?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived