This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just installed Chrome, do I still need to install Flash ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I just installed Chrome, do I still need to install Flash ?

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
2 months ago#1
I been using Firefox for a long time and wanted to give Chrome a try. With FF I had to, at least I think I had to install Flash also, as long as I remember I've always used Flash with FF. Is that the same with Chrome by the way, do I need to install Flash ?
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#2
Nope. Chrome's flash is built in
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

Kano92
2 months ago#3
Then why when I go to this poplar website http://beta.speedtest.net/ it says "Go to the Legacy site (Requires Flash)"
the speed test still works but it's not the same as originally http://www.speedtest.net/ ??
PC-WiiU-PS4

Orestes417
2 months ago#4
Because you're having issues with reading comprehension. It says that for everyone. The legacy version of the site still uses flash so if you go to that version it's warning you you'll need it.
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

Kano92
2 months ago#5
Orestes417 posted...
Because you're having issues with reading comprehension. It says that for everyone. The legacy version of the site still uses flash so if you go to that version it's warning you you'll need it.

You don't need to be rude, I wasn't towards you.

Anyway okay, Last question typically most people who use Chrome won't install Flash correct ?
PC-WiiU-PS4

Orestes417
2 months ago#6
It's literally impossible to install flash in Chrome. It's built in. The packages on Adobe's site aren't compatible with it. The only reason you'd install Flash these days is if you're running Firefox or a browser based on it.

Kano92
2 months ago#7
Cool thanks, I'm happy to be rid of Flash.
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
2 months ago#8
Although Chrome has a built in Flash plugin (Pepper Flash), Flash content is blocked by default. You have to enable Flash content on a site by site basis by going into Settings and Content. From there either flip the toggle to enable all flash content all the time (which is not recommended from a security standpoint) or type in the address of the site you want to give explicit permission to allow Flash content.
I'll... shave that cat.

User Info: ganondorf77

ganondorf77
2 months ago#9
No need of flash nor Java ever again. Hurray. Technically you don't need audio and video Codecs either.
Bu!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I just installed Chrome, do I still need to install Flash ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived