This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Eve, elite dangerous or everspace?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Eve, elite dangerous or everspace?

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
3 months ago#11
EVE allows me to soar to greater heights of being an a******.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: burn420247

burn420247
3 months ago#12
on topic: Elite Dangerous is the best choice.
Romans1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ

User Info: WaffIeElite

WaffIeElite
3 months ago#13
Monkeymage posted...
Eve - Literal spreadsheet / economy simulator. Unless they've changed things, the game is more about developing skills by idling and/or mining things. Grind to buy ships.

Elite: Dangerous - Haven't played. Heard the combat is fantastic but that's about the only thing worth doing unless you want to play inter-solar space trucker all day.

Everspace - Basically an action-oriented FTL. It's a rogue-lite where you earn credits to unlock various permanent upgrades at the end of a run. I played about 5 hours while it was in early access and enjoyed it quite a bit, been meaning to check it out now that the full release has dropped.

Unfortunately for Elite (The only one on the list I've played), the combat is really, really s***ty. I deliberately avoid it and go "space trucker", because that's still better.

There's a few inherent problems with Elite's PVP that need some major overhauls to fix:

- Shields down? GTFO. Shields regenerate, hull doesn't. Now your combat is not only costing you lots of money, but modules malfunction or get destroyed comically easily (That doesn't happen until shields are down, normally). A shieldless ship is almost always dog food.

- Nearly all PVP is just roaming gank squads and a******s attacking traders and newbies, because there's no player bounty system, and the ingame System Security is so laughable as to be non-existent. You can land at, do business with, and repair at stations you're Wanted for mass murder. You just have to speed past the police and land before they scan you!

- There's not really much point, other than dick waving and being an a******. The money for piracy is a joke, Powerplay (The faction war / chess / politics) is inherently broken, and there's no real purpose.
I have a signature. Apparently this is important, but I still don't have my secret cool kid decoder ring yet.

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 months ago#14
Damaged7 posted...
Ever heard of Peter M and the Fable series? People got over that.

I don't know... people still b**** about Peter Molyneux all the time....then again I think he never stopped overpromising and underdelivering.

Hell, there's one youtube channel with cheezy "top 5" lists about gaming that is nearly ALWAYS making a jab at Molyneux.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgOnyIt9_ic
You don't even have to watch long to see it.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: burn420247

burn420247
3 months ago#15
WaffIeElite posted...
There's a few inherent problems with Elite's PVP that need some major overhauls to fix:

- Shields down? GTFO. Shields regenerate, hull doesn't. Now your combat is not only costing you lots of money, but modules malfunction or get destroyed comically easily (That doesn't happen until shields are down, normally). A shieldless ship is almost always dog food.

shields down and yeah, ur gonna be worried, but there are PVP builds that dont run shields at all like this awesome stealth DBS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w732R844H6g
its not ALL about how much shield or hull u have, skill goes a long way!
for us casuals, Hull Reinforcement Packages and Module Reinforcement Packages can save the day. along with Module Repair Limpets and upcoming Hull Repair Limpets.

- Nearly all PVP is just roaming gank squads and a******s attacking traders and newbies, because there's no player bounty system, and the ingame System Security is so laughable as to be non-existent. You can land at, do business with, and repair at stations you're Wanted for mass murder. You just have to speed past the police and land before they scan you!

in my 2500 hours of E:D,(in Open) ive seen gank squads only a few times, and only around the community goals. Thankfully 2.4 (new update incoming very soon) there is talk of an actual C&P (crime and punishment) mechanic being introduced. we'll see if and when it comes, how well it works to regulate griefers.

- There's not really much point, other than dick waving and being an a******. The money for piracy is a joke, Powerplay (The faction war / chess / politics) is inherently broken, and there's no real purpose.

nothing but truth here unfortunately. at least you can gain exclusive modules by playing PP.
Romans1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ

User Info: Borticus1

Borticus1
3 months ago#16
Damaged7 posted...
CursedPanther posted...
astelion posted...
I know I'll regret this... anyway.

After 3 updates finally it's worth to take a look at No Man's Sky, currently playing it and it feels a completely different game than a year ago. Just try to get in on sale.

The damage is done and set for life.

It's like Windows Vista. No one gave a damn about whether SP1 had eventually fixed it or not and continued to avoid it like the plague same as before.

Its been over a year now, people should just get over it. Ever heard of Peter M and the Fable series? People got over that.

This is exactly why developers keep pulling this crap. Lie blatantly, sell as many copies as you can in the first week, and there will still be people telling you to get over it.

I didn't buy No Man's Sky before I saw the finished product. I wouldn't touch Star Citizen until after it's out and I know what's actually there.

For the TC, Elite Dangerous is fun if you like an immersive game, but you have to play it for hours at a time. Everything in the game takes a ton of time and you can't reliably pause.
"Your superior intellects are no match for our puny weapons" - Kang

User Info: Critcal50

Critcal50
3 months ago#17
Elite Dangerous. Combat is amazing. You can group up with friends. Its incredibly immersive, especially if you play with headphones or a surround sound speaker setup.
The HUD also helps, as its just a part of the ship itself rather than displayed on the screen.
Theres multiple different weapons and ships to give you different playstyles. Then from there you can upgrade your ship with a bunch of different parts to suit a role as a trader, miner, bounty hunter, pirate, etc.

The thing is, you just have to really love space to enjoy it. Its not an action packed game. You're going to be flying around a lot, doing nothing. Delivering data. Cargo. Looking for bounties. Or on a bounty hunt for a specific target. However, with powerplay it has become a bit easier to make money. Missions also offer a decent bit more credits.
EVGA GTX 970 SC | i5-6600k | Corsair 8 x 2 DDR4 | ASUS Z170A | NZXT Phantom 410

User Info: Bossdog421

Bossdog421
3 months ago#18
All very different games.

Eve is an MMO and a timesink. IMO kinda late to get into things as time gets you skill. Pretty steep learning curve.

Elite is a Sim. Its got a really steep learning curve. Basic things will be difficult to do at first. It still feels a bit shallow even though there is a lot to it.

Everspace is a roguelike. Its the most accessible game of the 3. Easy to get into, hard to beat.

Ive had the most fun with elite, but i'd recommend everspace.
What makes a man, is it the power in his hands? Is it his quest for glory ?Give it all you got, to fight to the top, so we can know your story.

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
3 months ago#19
I read everspace as freespace for a bit. Thems were the days.
Geforce GTX whatever, i7 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.

User Info: Huolihan

Huolihan
3 months ago#20
Bossdog421 posted...
All very different games.

Eve is an MMO and a timesink. IMO kinda late to get into things as time gets you skill. Pretty steep learning curve.

Elite is a Sim. Its got a really steep learning curve. Basic things will be difficult to do at first. It still feels a bit shallow even though there is a lot to it.

Everspace is a roguelike. Its the most accessible game of the 3. Easy to get into, hard to beat.

Ive had the most fun with elite, but i'd recommend everspace.

I gotta ask what is rogue Like? I see it everywhere describing everspace
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Eve, elite dangerous or everspace?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived