This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone care to give feed back on my first build?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone care to give feed back on my first build?

User Info: Legend_2000000

Legend_2000000
3 months ago#1
Link for pcpartpicker list:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Legend2M/saved/bRj3CJ

My budget is right around 1k. No need for a monitor as i will just use my tv.
if you see the glint then hear the bang, you should check yourself for holes. ( Am on mobile )

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
3 months ago#2
Looks good. Only things I have are 1: Not familiar with that PSU, usually I get Seasonic, Evga or Corsair so I don't know if it's a good brand or not and 2: The Kingston series SSDs were not recommended at one point, I think it was performance related, so I don't know if the ones now are better or not.

User Info: Cards_and_Hats

Cards_and_Hats
3 months ago#3
Any reason you are getting a membrane keyboard and not a mechanical one? you can get one for the same price and imo they are much better than the pseudo "gaming" keyboards

Also I have never heard of bitfenix for the psu, I would roll with a trusted brand like EVGA or something but it is not that big of a deal

It looks fine otherwise

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
3 months ago#4
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YvmwsJ

Total: $1055.38
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
3 months ago#5
I'd go with a cheaper mouse and use the extra money to get a 2tb hard drive. A $10 gaming mouse pretty much has all the bells & whistles that a $40 one has.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

Legend_2000000
3 months ago#6
Shinkoden posted...
Looks good. Only things I have are 1: Not familiar with that PSU, usually I get Seasonic, Evga or Corsair so I don't know if it's a good brand or not and 2: The Kingston series SSDs were not recommended at one point, I think it was performance related, so I don't know if the ones now are better or not.

Thanks, will look into the company and see about changing it
if you see the glint then hear the bang, you should check yourself for holes. ( Am on mobile )

Legend_2000000
3 months ago#7
Cards_and_Hats posted...
Any reason you are getting a membrane keyboard and not a mechanical one? you can get one for the same price and imo they are much better than the pseudo "gaming" keyboards

Also I have never heard of bitfenix for the psu, I would roll with a trusted brand like EVGA or something but it is not that big of a deal

It looks fine otherwise

Thanks. I got the keyboard because i tend to hit keys heavy and i heard that mechanical tend to be louder than thinner keyboards. But i will look into it.

Legend_2000000
3 months ago#8
NuclearHendrix posted...
I'd go with a cheaper mouse and use the extra money to get a 2tb hard drive. A $10 gaming mouse pretty much has all the bells & whistles that a $40 one has.

Thanks. I heard a lot of people before saying that cheap $10 mouses only last a few weeks and have terrible tracking. I will see about lowering the price with a different mouse.

Legend_2000000
3 months ago#9
Pelaaja82 posted...
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YvmwsJ

Total: $1055.38

Isn't it bad to have psu with too high of wattage. Doesn't it shorten the life span. Thanks for looking tho and thanks for the help if the psu is fine.

User Info: ajxh

ajxh
3 months ago#10
Legend_2000000 posted...
Isn't it bad to have psu with too high of wattage. Doesn't it shorten the life span. Thanks for looking tho and thanks for the help if the psu is fine.

No. The PSU doesn't give the whole system 550 watts constantly. It only draws what the system requests. I probably wouldn't go much lower than 500 watts in a system, especially (for example) when you consider one of AMD's Vega cards would consume about half of that. 550 watts gives you some breathing room going forward.

Edit - There's something, I think, to be said about efficiency. Like only regularly drawing 300 watts out of a 1500 watt PSU, for example. I believe that PSUs have better efficiency when they're under higher load levels (not 100%), but that has more to do with how much you might spend extra in electricity (likely to be miniscule amounts). It doesn't affect the parts being powered. And your system would probably reliably use 300-400 watts of power under most load scenarios, so they're likely wouldn't be much inefficiency.

I remember reading something similar to that a while back, it may not be totally accurate, but what I can tell you is that you won't damage anything if you have more power than you need. The opposite isn't necessarily true, however.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone care to give feed back on my first build?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived