This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dualshock 4 on windows 10

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dualshock 4 on windows 10

User Info: snake12345678

snake12345678
2 months ago#1
I want to use my dualshock 4 on windows 10 does anyone have any good step by step guides or videos?
Thanks,

User Info: jhon2345

jhon2345
2 months ago#2
Just connect & play. ds4window

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
2 months ago#3
If you have steam, big picture mode has controller support built in, and can fully use the ps4 controller nativly.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

snake12345678
2 months ago#4
What about origin? i have both and where is big picture mode new to pc gaming?

User Info: DXMG

DXMG
2 months ago#5
install DS4Windows. It makes the PC think your DS4 is an XBOX pad and everything just sort of works from there.

Then if you want to, you can get into some fairly deep customisation.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#6
I found input mapper better, but I imagine DS4 windows should work too. If its a steam game I use what's in big picture mode. If its an Xbox game I use input mapper.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
2 months ago#7
wizardmon posted...
If you have steam, big picture mode has controller support built in, and can fully use the ps4 controller nativly.

This is the best option. DS4Windows has been dodgy in my experience, but apparently it has (or had) issues with the new model DS4s that come with the PS4 Pro. Using Steam's controller support via Big Picture Mode has been flawless for me, and the extra customization options are nice to have.

You should be able to run Origin games through Steam, which will then deliver the same controller support you would get with a native Steam game.
Now Playing: GG Xrd Rev 2, GRIP, Redout
Now, let's count up your sins! | Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DrPtkT

snake12345678
2 months ago#8
Can someone explain how to run origin games through steam? and how to get big picture mode. Mostly looking to use it for mass effect series?

User Info: mastergamer0001

mastergamer0001
2 months ago#9
snake12345678 posted...
Can someone explain how to run origin games through steam? and how to get big picture mode. Mostly looking to use it for mass effect series?

Open Steam, then go to "Games" on the top menu bar, then choose "Add a Non-Steam Game to my Library." That'll open a list of programs that you can add. If the game you want isn't in the list, you can click the "Browse" button to got to and add the game's .exe that way.

You don't actually need to be in Big Picture Mode to use a DS4, though you might need it to set one up the first time. Click on the gamepad icon next to the "minimize," "maximize," and "close" buttons in the upper-right corner to open B.P.M., then click on the gear icon to open the settings. Go to "Controller Settings" and enable "PS4 Configuration Support." Now a new option will appear in your games' library pages that allows you to choose how the controller will act in each game. I personally just use the "Gamepad" template so it acts like a 360 controller, but some games will have a specialized setup provided by the devs/community that you can use if it's a steam game.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
2 months ago#10
Sony does and official dongle now that lets you use a PS4 controller on a PC.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dualshock 4 on windows 10

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived