This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that feature hiding/stealth/non-combat for progression

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Games that feature hiding/stealth/non-combat for progression

User Info: bshwalker

bshwalker
3 months ago#1
I prefer games that require escape rather than combat.
Are there any?
Being called nostalgic is a compliment. Thanks for noticing!
~C.O.I.~

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 months ago#2
Alien Isolation comes to mind
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

User Info: cory1225

cory1225
3 months ago#3
Amnesia
Outlast
i5 6600k | GTX 1080 | 16Gb

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
3 months ago#4
Aragami. Every enemy can kill you in one precise hit, so you better use your tools to avoid their sight and, if impossible, attacks. It can be also played in co-op.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 months ago#5
There is always the Thief series - the embodiment of the stealth genre. If you haven't played the games already, they are pretty good. The original trilogy is better the new reboot but that game can still be OK. I would suggest getting it on a big discount.

Dishonored although stealth is not required - you can also fight but escape is always an option.

Deus Ex also has the option of being played stealthily as an alternative to combat.

Mark of the Ninja is a pretty good 2D game where you can definitely go for a stealth approach.

Gunpoint is another 2D game where you can employ stealth and allows you to mess with gadgets, so it's a bit more of a puzzle .
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
3 months ago#6
......why has no one mentioned Metal Gear Solid V?

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
3 months ago#7
Soma.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: MuttonBasher

MuttonBasher
3 months ago#8
Robin Hood: Legend of Sherwood (2002). Top-down perspective, gorgeously rendered castles, cheeky dialog. You can beat the entire game without killing a single bad guy. It's been on sale recently at gog.com
You found a stardrop! It's strange, but the taste reminds you of Shane. Your maximum energy level has increased.

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
3 months ago#9
Lienhart posted...

Because you can mow down a lot of bases by yourself.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: ajxh

ajxh
3 months ago#10
Darth_Kamcio posted...
Lienhart posted...

Because you can mow down a lot of bases by yourself.

Well, he did say "feature," not "require." It's pretty clear that the game focuses on and rewards stealth, but doesn't make it totally necessary for those that don't like it.

Edit - Just kidding, he said "require" in the OP. Still, MGSV can be readily played utilizing stealth exclusively.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Games that feature hiding/stealth/non-combat for progression

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived