This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What community mods and changes are PC gamers anticipating for FFXV PC version?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What community mods and changes are PC gamers anticipating for FFXV PC version?

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
2 months ago#11
monkmith posted...
i dont imagine the game will be that moddible. doesn't it use a really s*** proprietary engine?

What exactly is a s*** engine?

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
2 months ago#12
Lienhart posted...
monkmith posted...
i dont imagine the game will be that moddible. doesn't it use a really s*** proprietary engine?

dont be obtuse, its a game engine with horrible coding/no mod tools/limited reference material on the internet. more often then not its the reason PC games dont have extensive modding communities.
People die when they are killed.
Among horse, Red Hare. Among men, Lu Bu.

User Info: hardy3786

hardy3786
2 months ago#13
S*** engine means s*** engine mate, difficult to mod, bad optimization and stuff. FFXV is the first Luminous Studio game, we don't know how s***y is yet.

User Info: movuzzo

movuzzo
2 months ago#14
Which Final Fantasies that let you mod it like Elder Scrolls or GTA ?

Lienhart
2 months ago#15
monkmith posted...
Lienhart posted...
monkmith posted...

dont be obtuse, its a game engine with horrible coding/no mod tools/limited reference material on the internet. more often then not its the reason PC games dont have extensive modding communities.

Err...no, I'm not being obtuse. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

hardy3786 posted...
S*** engine means s*** engine mate, difficult to mod, bad optimization and stuff. FFXV is the first Luminous Studio game, we don't know how s***y is yet.

That's the only valid point for a "s*** engine."

Many game engines don't have open APIs for direct modding or extensions to run things, for example, in Lua.

If the definition of a s*** engine is difficult to mod, then the vast majority of engines are "s***".

Lienhart
2 months ago#16
movuzzo posted...
Which Final Fantasies that let you mod it like Elder Scrolls or GTA ?

None openly.

Many older FF games are moddable simply due to reverse engineering. Same can be said for most games with "total overhaul" type mods.

Also, as the complexity of gaming grew, so did the engines. The engines we're seeing now are ridiculously more complex compared to, say, the StarCraft 1 engine. Because of this, reverse engineering any modern game engine is harder due to the scope of the engine being larger.

.......unless you just want to replace model files for bewbs, I hope that never gets hard.

User Info: good_mangorush

good_mangorush
2 months ago#17
Except there is modding tool from SE, I don't see if I will play this game again on PC.
The Truth Has Set Me Free!

User Info: enderall

enderall
2 months ago#18
It's the old Xenny with a good topic, well that's weird...FFXV mods? There will be plenty. Just place some chicks and that would work.
i3 6100, GIGABYTE Radeon Rx 480 8GB WINDFORCE, Corsair Vengeance 8 GB RAM Red LED, EVGA 600w White PSU, Toshiba 500 GB HD, Riotoro CR 480, GIGABYTE Intel H110

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#19
Lienhart posted...
My fist to my face for buying it on PS4 when I knew it had a high chance of coming onto PC.

You got to play it way early, so what's the big deal?
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#20
monkmith posted...
Lienhart posted...
monkmith posted...

Good news its just XV, Final Fantasy 7 Remake uses a different engine I believe. As well as Kingdom Hearts 3 too I believe. You know a bad engine? Gamebryo.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What community mods and changes are PC gamers anticipating for FFXV PC version?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived