This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What community mods and changes are PC gamers anticipating for FFXV PC version?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What community mods and changes are PC gamers anticipating for FFXV PC version?

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
3 months ago#31
captsplatter_1 posted...
monkmith posted...
Lienhart posted...
monkmith posted...
i dont imagine the game will be that moddible. doesn't it use a really s*** proprietary engine?

What exactly is a s*** engine?

dont be obtuse, its a game engine with horrible coding/no mod tools/limited reference material on the internet. more often then not its the reason PC games dont have extensive modding communities.

Good news its just XV, Final Fantasy 7 Remake uses a different engine I believe. As well as Kingdom Hearts 3 too I believe. You know a bad engine? Gamebryo.

Gamebryo is actually a pretty decent engine. It's pretty well optimized, has a fantastic terrain streaming system (one of two things left from Gamebryo in the Creation Engine), and is highly customizable.

You do know that it is used in a wide variety of games right?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#32
Rand_Aybara posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
monkmith posted...
Lienhart posted...
monkmith posted...
i dont imagine the game will be that moddible. doesn't it use a really s*** proprietary engine?

dont be obtuse, its a game engine with horrible coding/no mod tools/limited reference material on the internet. more often then not its the reason PC games dont have extensive modding communities.

Good news its just XV, Final Fantasy 7 Remake uses a different engine I believe. As well as Kingdom Hearts 3 too I believe. You know a bad engine? Gamebryo.

Gamebryo is actually a pretty decent engine. It's pretty well optimized, has a fantastic terrain streaming system (one of two things left from Gamebryo in the Creation Engine), and is highly customizable.

It was just bad in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
3 months ago#33
captsplatter_1 posted...
Rand_Aybara posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
monkmith posted...
Lienhart posted...
monkmith posted...

None of the issues in those games are from Gamebryo. New Vegas runs like garbage because Obsidian is garbage and Fallout 3 runs pretty good despite the compatibility issues with newer versions of Windows. Any design choices, gameplay mechanics, etc that you didn't like had nothing to do with Gamebryo.

User Info: movuzzo

movuzzo
3 months ago#34
Lienhart posted...
movuzzo posted...
Which Final Fantasies that let you mod it like Elder Scrolls or GTA ?

None openly.

Many older FF games are moddable simply due to reverse engineering. Same can be said for most games with "total overhaul" type mods.

Also, as the complexity of gaming grew, so did the engines. The engines we're seeing now are ridiculously more complex compared to, say, the StarCraft 1 engine. Because of this, reverse engineering any modern game engine is harder due to the scope of the engine being larger.

.......unless you just want to replace model files for bewbs, I hope that never gets hard.

That's why I don't expecting much even FFXV comes to PC.
Why are some people expecting FFXV could be heavily modded like Elder Scrolls or Fallout?
Even Witcher 3 and Dragon Age are having limitation to mod, at least they got nude mods...and it's nice.

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
3 months ago#35
Rand_Aybara posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Rand_Aybara posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
monkmith posted...
Lienhart posted...
monkmith posted...

None of the issues in those games are from Gamebryo. New Vegas runs like garbage because Obsidian is garbage and Fallout 3 runs pretty good despite the compatibility issues with newer versions of Windows. Any design choices, gameplay mechanics, etc that you didn't like had nothing to do with Gamebryo.

its trendy to hate on bethesda and their game engine, even though its the most widely known and easily moddible modern game engine.
People die when they are killed.
Among horse, Red Hare. Among men, Lu Bu.

User Info: gunnah999

gunnah999
3 months ago#36
1. PvP 1v1 duel mode in a campsite.

2.Making the Force Stealer greatsword bigger. To around the War Sword's size.

3. Bringing back Gladio's old Versus XIII greatsword. http://imgur.com/a/v4QxZ
Also the Versus version of the Claymore. http://imgur.com/a/MW2jP

4.Bring back this perfect jiggle Cidney. Famitsu interview: Tabata: "Yeah. The person overseeing her really put his all into the character, added a load of details. At first there was so much jiggle I wasnt sure what to do about it. (laughs)"

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
3 months ago#37
Heisenberg312 posted...
A mod to put in three times the denuvo.

that will be the only available mod
for this sad excuse of a game
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan

User Info: DXMG

DXMG
3 months ago#38
late game Noctis head fix.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
3 months ago#39
captsplatter_1 posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
Cidney nude mod.
Cidney Better Body mod.

xenosaga123 posted...
even since Dungeons & Dragons, protagonist and party creation should be up to the player, not the devs. that's why things like avatars and mods are always essential and have infinite values.

No, not really. The incredibly popular DragonLance modules proved that a list of pre-gen characters is just as valid as rolling up randos, and actually leads to better storytelling.

Cidney's body is already fine, not sure how you can make it better.

Pneumatic, head-sized boobs.

User Info: theEmden1

theEmden1
3 months ago#40
The first few mods will be the easy stuff, i.e. things that are already in the game and just requires changing some values in the savefile as well as stuff that only require basic hex editing.

Things like:
-Infinite HP/MP/Stamina
-All items/weapons
-EXP and AP cheats
-Making all food effects permanent
-Damage mods
-Making temporary party members permanent
-Removing royal arms HP drain
-Removing damage cap

Some more advanced stuff that may come later if there are lots of active modders:
-Replacing character models
-Replacing party members (only with Cor/Aranea/Iris)
-Camera patches
-Removing all invisible walls

Things that can only happen if SE releases modding tools:
-Physics manipulation
-Adding player made game modes
-New magic
-Replacing party members with non guest chars (Ravus)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What community mods and changes are PC gamers anticipating for FFXV PC version?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived