This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Requires 170 GB Space!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Requires 170 GB Space!

User Info: ritsuka66

ritsuka66
2 months ago#1
The system requirements for the game were also shown and they appear to be rather expensive in term of the raw hardware power. The recommend system requirements list 170 GB as the required hard disk space. Monitor: Supports 4K and HDR GPU: GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti CPU: Intel i7 3.4 GHz or Ryzen 7 1700 RAM: 16 GB 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Headphone HDD: 170 GB
Life....Hope...Dreams, What are these things? And where are they going? These things... I will destroy! -KEFKA -

User Info: ryouma17

ryouma17
2 months ago#2
half of that is probably the jäp language settings like it was with FF13
http://i.imgur.com/GIugA1n.gifv

User Info: OptimusRekt

OptimusRekt
2 months ago#3
I wonder how much of that GB size is just for hair follicles.
"Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, I keep dragging them around..." - Delilah by Florence Welch

User Info: AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror
2 months ago#4
Recommended is for running the game @ 4K.

User Info: enderall

enderall
2 months ago#5
Damn, 4K is not mainstream everywhere and the game is a mixed bag. Besides, 170 GB!!! Well, seems that I will need to invest in a 500 GB SSD at the least. And I want to upgrade to Ryzen 5 and a GTX 1080...My Christimas bonus will be compromised...
i3 6100, GIGABYTE Radeon Rx 480 8GB WINDFORCE, Corsair Vengeance 8 GB RAM Red LED, EVGA 600w White PSU, Toshiba 500 GB HD, Riotoro CR 480, GIGABYTE Intel H110

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#6
AnatomyHorror posted...

In which case I should be fine at 1080p with a GTX 1080 (non TI).
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: enderall

enderall
2 months ago#7
AnatomyHorror posted...

Well, at 1080P I should be fine with the upgrades I want.
i3 6100, GIGABYTE Radeon Rx 480 8GB WINDFORCE, Corsair Vengeance 8 GB RAM Red LED, EVGA 600w White PSU, Toshiba 500 GB HD, Riotoro CR 480, GIGABYTE Intel H110

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
2 months ago#8
I refuse to buy games that require such ridiculous amounts of hard drive space. There is no reason for it. I doubt I'm missing anything not playing this anyway.

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
2 months ago#9
The hard drive requirements are really starting to get out of hand.

I'll probably buy it though, as I was having a good enough time with it on Xbox but I literally stopped playing it because it just looked horrible and I knew it was coming out on PC eventually.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#10
GoIrish80 posted...
The hard drive requirements are really starting to get out of hand.

I'll probably buy it though, as I was having a good enough time with it on Xbox but I literally stopped playing it because it just looked horrible and I knew it was coming out on PC eventually.

A lot of it is due to uncompressing anything. It just won't go on my SSD which is puny. Only to be used for the OS and a game or two, not this massive one regardless how long the loading is.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Requires 170 GB Space!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived