This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Requires 170 GB Space!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Requires 170 GB Space!

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
2 months ago#11
TheOpposite posted...
I refuse to buy games that require such ridiculous amounts of hard drive space. There is no reason for it. I doubt I'm missing anything not playing this anyway.

K.
Now, say my name.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
2 months ago#12
A 1080ti and 170GB , for a game that doesn't look any better than Tomb Raider.

Really?
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: LottoStud

LottoStud
2 months ago#13
pc master race
Two shots of whatever

User Info: Unknown280

Unknown280
2 months ago#14
jesus, 170GB!? That's too big of a download, why can't they release the 4K update as a DLC?

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
2 months ago#15
If games are going to continue this upward trend in size, I think they are going to have to start separating things out at some point.

I mean I have the SSD space plenty for the games I'm getting in the near future....but man. The sizes are really getting crazy.

Destiny 2, Forza 7, and FFXV are pushing 400gb combined. Geez.

User Info: Kogepan

Kogepan
2 months ago#16
Unknown280 posted...
jesus, 170GB!? That's too big of a download, why can't they release the 4K update as a DLC?

Its probably too sensible to do XD

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
2 months ago#17
Lots of confusion in this topic.

The download isn't 160+GB, that's the needed HDD space. Downloads like this come in compressed and then uncompress on first run.

You need 160GB to hold the compressed and uncompressed files at the same time, almost every game will tell you it needs more more HDD space than it actually needs.

Compression has worked this way forever; you can't unzip a 100GB file if you only have 40GB free on a 140GB HDD for example, just because you can download the installer doesn't mean you will have the space to install it.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: darkus_f

darkus_f
2 months ago#18
I really don't understand why additional languages and 4K textures are not made optional downloads. :/ Specially when such a small percentage of players will play the game in 4K.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

User Info: Pauken

Pauken
2 months ago#19
Honestly, if sizes keep ballooning at the rate they are, by 2020 you will need a whole terabyte of HDD space just to play ONE @%@%ING NEW GAME.

Which will be the point at which I just switch entirely to retro games or indie titles. They at least don't expect you to have LAN-speed internet or more hard drive space than the entire PS1 and PS2 library put together for a single game.

User Info: DXMG

DXMG
2 months ago#20
TheOpposite posted...
I refuse to buy games that require such ridiculous amounts of hard drive space. There is no reason for it. I doubt I'm missing anything not playing this anyway.

Well that's kinda silly, since the reason for the huge file size is the extremely high quality 4K textures, 4K video sequences, multichannel audio, and the fact that every single little bit of NPC dialog is voiced.

Its only going to get bigger, so unless you like blurry textures, crappy 128k mp3 audio, no VA for non player characters, and only stereo audio output, I think you'll have to liven up your ideas about what you "refuse" to buy.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Requires 170 GB Space!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived